249 14 yesterday 11:29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansac9d1f4e
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

The DJI Osmo Action 5 Pro is still experiencing worse stabilization when in UVC and RTMP mode when compared to a recording. Same issues in Action 4.

UVC (Webcam) is the worst, followed by RTMP, with best results when it's just a regular recording.

I have made a recording, time marked for each mode I am testing:

Edit2:
Please see the livestream I just did today, which has chapters for each device I switch to (Action 5, Action 4, Pocket 3). I start out with the Action 5 Pro in RTMP mode on the highest stabilization setting available - HorizonSteady. It is worse than the Action 4 at the same settings. When I switch to UVC on Action 4, it is even worse.

Thanks!

Edit:
By the way, this is on the latest firmware - updated day of release.

yesterday 11:29
Use props
fansa6ff3a6c
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for doing this test. This issue means the camera won’t work for live streamers. DJI, can you enable stabilization in UVC and RTMP modes, or at least make it a toggle? As the original poster noted recording mode works as expected, but the lack of stabilization in UVC and RTMP modes is a big problem.
yesterday 11:36
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hi, is 1080p in 30 fps the only resolution choice for Webcam mode ?

If yes that would be weird.
There is nothing in specsheet about it.
And i could not find any video  with this information.
Thanks in advance for reply.
yesterday 21:07
Use props
fansac9d1f4e
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 9-19 21:07
Hi, is 1080p in 30 fps the only resolution choice for Webcam mode ?

If yes that would be weird.

I can't set it on the Action 5 itself but it should depend on what UVC profiles it has available. When I connect to a Windows computer I only saw options for 1080p 30fps and 720p 30fps
15 hours ago
Use props
ThisIsKurtIRL
lvl.2

United Kingdom

A lot of live streamers are disappointed also there is still no 50/60 fps in UVC and RTMP
14 hours ago
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

fansac9d1f4e Posted at 9-20 01:47
I can't set it on the Action 5 itself but it should depend on what UVC profiles it has available. When I connect to a Windows computer I only saw options for 1080p 30fps and 720p 30fps

I openned a thread on this subject, still no answer from DJI.

This might not be something they want to highlight.

Webcam / RTMP resolution settings
A deal killer for me.
14 hours ago
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

ThisIsKurtIRL Posted at 9-20 02:09
A lot of live streamers are disappointed also there is still no 50/60 fps in UVC and RTMP

We should open a thread :"Disappointed, the list."
14 hours ago
Use props
fansac9d1f4e
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I updated the original post with a livestream I did today showing the stabilization issues on the Action 5 Pro.

DJI has definitely improved webcam modes of other cameras, like the Pocket 3, by adding 4K... So we know they're capable of improving the webcam mode, but hopefully they can look at this thread and at least improve the stabilization and allow more choice for fps, as suggested!
10 hours ago
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

thanks for the feedback, we are looking into this issue.
9 hours ago
Use props
fansa6ff3a6c
lvl.4
United States

Yes, it’s just hard to call the camera a pro model and get a worse feature set. Stabilization in particular has gotten worse year over year instead of better.  

To summarize, please add the following:

Enable stabilization in UVC
Enable stabilization in RTMP
Allow us to select fps (24, 30, 60, etc)
Allow us to select up to 4k resolution

These would improve upon the action 4 and make this way more relevant to live streamers

Thanks DJI
8 hours ago
Use props
ThisIsKurtIRL
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fansa6ff3a6c Posted at 9-20 08:10
Yes, it’s just hard to call the camera a pro model and get a worse feature set. Stabilization in particular has gotten worse year over year instead of better.  

To summarize, please add the following:

pleeeeeease
8 hours ago
Use props
ThisIsKurtIRL
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Tested both webcam and rtmp today and the video quality is very bad compared to the OA4
5 hours ago
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Well, i was planning to buy two units, i'll rather wait for version 6 if nothing moves.
5 hours ago
Use props
SoWeQ
lvl.1

Denmark

I totally agree. A simple firmware update could have Solved this.

Give us options to change fps for rtmp and uvc!
Livestreamers out there are waiting for this to happen, let's make dji great on the live streaming market.
4 hours ago
Use props
banj
lvl.2
United States

I am also having problems using my brand new camera in webcam mode.  I cannot capture the camera audio as well as video via UVC and the quality seems less than last generation action4?  Can we get a firmware update to enable 60fps via rtmp and webcam with this new PRO processor and sensor?
2 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules