Slow forward flight
1288 6 2017-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BNags63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228632 ft
United States

Hello all.  While flying the other day, I began to notice that when I apply full forward stick, my P4 has very slow forward speed. Backward speed is noticably quicker.  I don't recall it ever flying so slow. It was in "P" mode at the time.  In "sport" mode it really takes off! Any ideas?
2017-6-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I can't speak for the P4 but I know in the P2 series, top speed is only 12 mph when in IOC home lock and the speed limitation is undocumented.  
2017-6-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Nags,

Maybe calibrating your Remote Controller will help your sticks work better.  Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Were you flying late in the day and towards the sun?
2017-6-15
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any chance OA was accidentally enabled?  I don't think I've flown backwards or tried Sport mode with it on, so not sure if those are expected to slow down as well.
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

LIke others have mentioned, were the OA sensors enabled or disabled? Have you tried recalibrating the RC sticks or adjusting the sensitivity of the sticks?
2017-6-16
Use props
fans6de03d7d
New
Flight distance : 21654 ft
United States

I have noticed this same issue on my P4 at lower altitudes and it seems to collate with the forward sensors. I noticed once I get up in altitude and there is only the green bar showing on my ipad for the forward sensor the speed pick up.  
2017-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules