RC signal lost error
1275 8 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lakeluvr
lvl.1

United States

I've had my unit for exactly a week now. Have made serveral learing flights all without issue. I have the P3S and an iPhone 5S. Just yesterday I took it out to make another flight. With everything powered on I get the video feed from the camera to my iPhone but now am getting an error on the top of the screen in red saying 'RC signal lost'. I've reset everything several times all with no change. I did a firmware update, now have read that it has caused more problems than it has solved. I don't understand why it was working fine the other day now this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2017-6-17
Use props
Edward5
New
New Zealand

I too am not just getting this error after JUST updating the latest app and firmware. It is so frustrating as now I can't fly due to RC signal lost. I suspect this is a new bug. Is anyone else having this issue after the latest update?
2017-6-17
Use props
Calico_Jack
New
Flight distance : 8711 ft
United States

Edward5 Posted at 2017-6-17 14:02
I too am not just getting this error after JUST updating the latest app and firmware. It is so frustrating as now I can't fly due to RC signal lost. I suspect this is a new bug. Is anyone else having this issue after the latest update?

yeah two times now mine has taken off on its own after just loosing connectivity 15 feet away, once i get a hold of it i cant it to power off without pulling the batterie and this last time it just took off and slammed into a house.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

OP, Could you verify what firmware versions and Go app version you're running? Have you tried reinstalling the Go app and "forgetting" the WiFi signal from your iPhone's WiFi list and reconnecting to it?
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Edward5 Posted at 2017-6-17 14:02

Could you respond to post #4 as well?
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Calico_Jack Posted at 2017-6-17 14:28
yeah two times now mine has taken off on its own after just loosing connectivity 15 feet away, once i get a hold of it i cant it to power off without pulling the batterie and this last time it just took off and slammed into a house.

What kind of damage did the aircraft incur? Did this event incur right out of the box or after a firmware update or long term storage? Did you contact Support to have the unit sent in for repair after the crash?
2017-6-17
Use props
fans0ee8bccf
New
Flight distance : 218802 ft
United States

Im Having the same problem too,  It was flying fine up until the beginning of May and now  I can take off fly to 400 Feet   and then away  and during the flight  loses it signal and initiates return to home,  when it gets directly about to initiate the landing I get the signal back.  I used to be able to fly this P3S  1/2 mile away   now Im lucky if I get an 1/8 of a mile.

2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans0ee8bccf Posted at 2017-6-17 20:36
Im Having the same problem too,  It was flying fine up until the beginning of May and now  I can take off fly to 400 Feet   and then away  and during the flight  loses it signal and initiates return to home,  when it gets directly about to initiate the landing I get the signal back.  I used to be able to fly this P3S  1/2 mile away   now Im lucky if I get an 1/8 of a mile.

Did you try post #4, resetting the WiFi module and relinking the RC to the aircraft? Can you verify what firmware and app version you're running?
2017-6-17
Use props
Lakeluvr
lvl.1

United States

I went ahead and deleted the GO app from my phone and re-installed it. It is version 3.1.11, my phone OS is 10+, not sure how to find out what firmware version I'm on. I read somewhere about how to link the devices by pushing the 'link' button on the copter. I don't find a button just a red LED. I turned the gimbal dial to the left then flipped the S2 switch several times until I heard it beep. It never did turn the LED to green to indicate a connection.
2017-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules