Sharpness on the inspire camera
2514 5 2015-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info.gerdschelf
lvl.1

Belgium

Hi,

A few days ago I received my inspire. Now I am just doing some tests of the inspire to use next to my bigger machines using the black magic 4K. It's good to have a nice little drone next to the big ones because setup time and ease of use of the inspire is perfect and short. I'm sure I would do some more aerial shots if I can keep setup time short on a television series fiction set. (Arri Alexa)
A lot of times it's possible to get away with the lower camera res for a 4 seconds shot.

Besides some minor flying things like it's a bit to agressive on the gps gains and expo, I hope that will find a quick solution with the firmware.
BUT: I would like to ask this question because I would like to know (and I assume a lot of users would) if it is interesting to keep investing in this nice drone on short term.
Way to much digital sharpness of the image. Bricks of houses and trees are becoming an ocean of anti aliasing. Will there be a fix between sharpness 0 and sharpness -1? like a setting -0,25 or -0,50. -1 setting is to much out of focus, and not even with adding some post sharpness NOT for HD broadcast.

DJI planning a solution?

thanks,
Gerd Schelfhout, sbc

2015-3-15
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where are you seeing this setting of the sharpness in the program? There have been posts on the forum addressing focus issues, mainly in the center of the frame. I am wondering if this is the answer to the solution?
2015-3-15
Use props
info.gerdschelf
lvl.1

Belgium

camera settings / then take the Custom setting and sharpness,contrast,saturation will appear.
2015-3-15
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

Same here.
Sharpness above and below -2 / +2 are totally unnecessary. Better fine tune -1/0/+1 with more steps in between.
2015-3-15
Use props
Paparomeo68
lvl.1
Finland

I find the sharpness a big problem too. Inspire itself is very nice to fly but camera is setup in such way that video looks horrible. Are you (DJI) planning a fix. The current -1 to 0 should be the opposite ends of the scale with many steps in between. My wish a non sharpened log color image.

Also the horizon is drifting back and forth.
2015-3-26
Use props
kiwia
lvl.1

New Zealand

Yes me too, like flying the Inspire but the camera over-sharpness and anti-aliasing is really disappointing, sure hope they come up with a fix for it.
2015-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules