Cannot Connect P2V+ to PC DJI Vision Assist
1910 12 2015-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
donstouder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25571 ft
United States

I recently put my Phantom into the NAZA mode. I went through the calibrations etc and calibrated the compass. IOC was turned on etc. I went to fly it today for the first time and the motors would not start. I brought it home, and now the controller will not connect to the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant 3.2. Neither of the lights in the lower left corner are light and the Mode says N/A.

It connects fine with the RC System Assistant PC Program.

Somewhere along the way, I screwed up something.

The exact same problem exists whether or not the Phantom is on or off.

Where do I start and what do I do correct this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
2015-3-14
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

How exactly have you attempted to connect your Phantom to the Phantom Assistant?
2015-3-14
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Are your switches in the up position?  If they are in the down position it won't start.  Your latest PT2 program for your phantom is 3.8.
2015-3-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Dan,
Which Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software do you have? 3.2?
The newest is 3.8 and is primarily used for changes for the Phantom and you cannot hook the RC up directly to the computer through this software, not at all, you can see the RC from this software with the Phantom turned on and the Phantom connected to the computer through this software and do calibrations to the RC then...

RC Assistant is 1.2 is for the RC only.

http://www.dji.com/support
2015-3-14
Use props
donstouder
lvl.2
United States

Thank you all for the prompt replies. They totally surprised me in their content. My DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant is Version 3.2. I'm not sure why I am so far behind. I obviously need to install the latest version.

Operator error re. not being able to connect to the Vision Assistant. I can do that. It shows I'm in NAZA-M mode, with IOC On.

So my question is why would my motors not start? S2 was in bottom for NL and S1 was in top position for GPS.

I will be offline for a couple of hours and will check back later.

Again thank you for the prompt replies.

I'll be back.

I connected the

Both sticks in the top position. Batteries in controller are brand new.
2015-3-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Don,
as you wrote "S2 was in bottom for NL and S1 was in top position for GPS". As Gerry said, S1 and S2 must be in the up position/top most position or position 1 as some call it for the Phantom to spin up...try that and I think you meant HL not NL?
2015-3-14
Use props
donstouder
lvl.2
United States

@Northofthe49th

Ooooh. I'm sure that is stated many places, but it sure is news to me. Flying in the Phantom mode, both switches are in the up, so I never realized that to start the motors from any mode, they had to both be in the up position. You're right I did mean HL for Home Lock.

So, the procedure is put both switches in the up position, start the motors, and then switch S2 to the bottom position if I want to use HL. I can change the position of S2 at any time during my flight, back and forth between HL and CL, right?

I will upgrade my Vision Assistant to 3.8.  I am a bit confused re. your comments re. 3.8, but I assume I need to update to it, right? I also see where the iOS version  of the Vision app was just updated. I will update that as well.

I hope to fly tomorrow sometime, and will report back then.

Thanks again.
2015-3-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Dan,
Yes, S1 and S2 to spin up after you have acquired satellites, done the compass dance etc., as a rule get some height before you go s2 to Home or Course lock but you are correct, you can switch at will more or less, if in HL and you are bringing the Phantom back to you there is a perimeter around you that the Phantom cannot pass, (you need to see a video for a better understanding) it is approx a 15-20' magic circle..anyhow when it is that close to you just go into GPS mode to land (S1 and S2 up).
As for the software/firmware..
Phantom Vision Assistant software on your PC is for updating your firmware for the Phantom and changing characteristics of your Phantom and while in the Phantom Vision Assistant you can also calibrate your RC if it is on, which for me as a rule I always have them both on together, they are a pair after all!

RC Assistant is required to update the firmware for the RC...where you can also calibrate the RC...

Phantom Cision Assistant - Plug in the Phantom

RC Assistant - Plug in only the RC for RC firmware updates..
You may also be in for a camera firmware update..now that is a fun one! And done totally separate from any of the above mentioned software....

Happy flying..

2015-3-14
Use props
donstouder
lvl.2
United States

Thanks, I think I will hold off a bit before delving into the camera firmware update. I have watched a couple of videos re HL and CL flying, but I will review them.

I'm going to bench test everything and the try to fly again. Hopefully, I'll at least get the motors started.

Thanks again.
2015-3-14
Use props
donstouder
lvl.2
United States

Bench test went well. Now I need to go flying.
2015-3-15
Use props
donstouder
lvl.2
United States

I just wanted to let those of you who coached me with your replies, I did make my first flight in the NAZA mode today, using the Home Lock mode. I think everything went pretty well. It seemed to take many seconds for the Phantom to actually switch to that mode after switching S2 in flight. Also, I think of Home Lock as the center of a bicycle wheel with spokes as the lines that the right stick moves you along as you go forward and backward. My spokes where not precise, probably because my stick movement was not truly forward and back.

I did not try Course Lock flying. It was quick breezy (actually more wind than I have flown in), so I kept the quad pretty low and stayed with HL.

Thanks again for all of your helpful comments.
2015-3-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

donstouder@ca.r Posted at 2015-3-16 11:27
I just wanted to let those of you who coached me with your replies, I did make my first flight in th ...

Glad to hear you had a successful flight.
2015-3-15
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

donstouder@ca.r Posted at 2015-3-16 11:27
I just wanted to let those of you who coached me with your replies, I did make my first flight in th ...

Glad to hear, now post up some videos or PICTS, we want see what you are seeing!
2015-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules