New Mavic Fell Out of the Sky (ESC Error)
1412 7 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans505f17af
New
United States

Hello all-

I am writing this post in hopes to get some input from other Mavic users. On Thursday I purchased a Mavic Pro from Best Buy. Fast forward to today (Saturday), I put my Mavic in the sky for the third time. After a few minutes of problem free flying, the Mavic fell out of the sky. Three people, including myself, had eyes on the drone when this happened, nothing hit the Mavic. Luckily it was not super high and fell into bushes below so it did not take any significant phycial damage. Once recovered, I tried to find the cause of the crash. When I restarted the Mavic, only three of the propellers wiggled upon start up. The front left prop did not move. I was now also getting a "2No.ESC" error. I happen to be recording during the crash so I reviewed the footage. I went frame by frame and found that the front left prop is visable in the frame right as the Mavic begins to spiral downward. This leaves me to believe that something went wrong/is wrong with that motor. I have contacted DJI support by email since they are currently closed, but for now does anyone have any knowledge that could help with/fix this issue?

Thanks,
Ben

(In case a DJI rep sees this, the number for my support request is 589826)
2017-6-17
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Maybe a prop not well fixed / installed....
2017-6-17
Use props
GSPRODUCT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2677 ft
United States

Same ting happened to my first Mavic. Its a manufacturer defect. Nothing you do (restart, calibrating, updating firmware, etc) will fix it.  It will have to be sent to DJI for a warranty repair. Or since you bought it from Best Buy they may just exchange it, not sure on Best Buys process. I purchased mine from DJI.
2017-6-18
Use props
benthepilot
New
United States

GSPRODUCT Posted at 2017-6-18 05:45
Same ting happened to my first Mavic. Its a manufacturer defect. Nothing you do (restart, calibrating, updating firmware, etc) will fix it.  It will have to be sent to DJI for a warranty repair. Or since you bought it from Best Buy they may just exchange it, not sure on Best Buys process. I purchased mine from DJI.

Thanks for the information. If that is the case, it's extremely frustrating that these don't work out of the box. Did you have to wait the infamous 8 weeks to get your Mavic back? I'm not sure I'd be willing to wait that long considering that is the rest of the summer months. Hopefully DJI makes this right quickly.
2017-6-18
Use props
isaacchu
lvl.3
Hong Kong

No worry, DJI would provid you a new one with this kind of problem. You just need to wait...
2017-6-18
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Bring it back to Best Buy for a refund or exchange for a new one.  Much simpler in my opinion.

-Rodger
2017-6-18
Use props
benthepilot
New
United States

Thanks all for the input. I decided to go back to Best Buy and see if they would exchange it. They surprised me and ended up taking it back and giving me a new one. Thanks Best Buy for saving me from having to wait forever to send it in. Fingers crossed this one isn't defective.
2017-6-18
Use props
benthepilot
New
United States

Rodger Marjama Posted at 2017-6-18 09:08
Bring it back to Best Buy for a refund or exchange for a new one.  Much simpler in my opinion.

-Rodger

Good call Rodger, ended up getting a new one.
2017-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules