DJI go and android galaxy s8+
976 5 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Setoka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27041 ft
Canada

Hey everyone new mavic owner here first off this is an amazing drone it blows me away
I'm having some problems though with the go app for Android it keeps crashing this has got to be the most unstable app I've ever used also when I'm flying I keep getting disconnected constantly even after I restart me phone last night I had to manualy land it because the phone would just refuse to connect back to the controller and when this happens this can be scary
Is anyone else having these problems is there anyway to figure out how to stop the crash issues and disconnects ? Do I have a faulty unit should I contact DJI and ask for a replacement?
Thanks in advance for your help

2017-6-19
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

I suggest you read the gazillion other threads about DJI Go App and Android.  Including the ones posted today.  Bottomline, there are heaps of issues and the only sure way to deal with it is to switch to iOS.  Flame suit on.
2017-6-19
Use props
Setoka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27041 ft
Canada

I see yeah I've been reading I haven't found any topics with s8 yet though
I do have an old iPhone 6  around I suppose I could try conecting that and see if that's any better
2017-6-19
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Setoka Posted at 2017-6-19 21:16
I see yeah I've been reading I haven't found any topics with s8 yet though
I do have an old iPhone 6  around I suppose I could try conecting that and see if that's any better

I think you'll find an iphone 6 with the latest iOS and DJI app will work flawlessly.  Especially in Airplane mode.
2017-6-19
Use props
fansf9336f42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 965187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Using same phone  had no problems sorry can't  help
2017-6-19
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

try another usb cable (at the bottom), don't use the cable from dji. shouldn't fix the crashing part, but the disconnected part.
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules