748 2 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bonez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 696788 ft
United States

https://www.suasnews.com/2017/05 ... ji-data-collection/

This won't be here long but I thought it was something that needed to be posted.

The privacy policy states the following:
“If you decline to share certain personal information with us, we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the DJI Go App.”
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]The forfeited features and functionality of the DJI Go App must be understood in order to make a coherent and logical choice in the opt-out decision. If you don’t know the benefit or the sacrifice of your privacy by opting-in to the application’s data gathering, how can one agree with DJI terms? Creating alleged fear that a user will not be able to leverage certain aspects of the DJI applications is insufficient for making a decision that forfeits one’s privacy. For some people, assessing and maintaining your personal privacy and security on your own property might be the main reason you purchased the DJI drone.

2017-6-20
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

What's the problem ?
Google maps timeline has been tracking my every move since 2013.
Most apps want access to your location and phone.
2017-6-20
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Harbourside Posted at 2017-6-20 12:28
What's the problem ?
Google maps timeline has been tracking my every move since 2013.
Most apps want access to your location and phone.

It's irrelevant what other apps might do. I agree with Bonez. Clearly, DJI knows what features and functionality will not be available for those who choose not to share their personal details so it would be very easy for them to elaborate on what they are.  The fact that they haven't done so is, unfortunately,  very much consistent with the lack of detail that DJI provides with all it's announcements, release notes etc.
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules