ADVISE ON PROTECTION LEVELS.
979 3 2015-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davebdavies
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello all.
I am still very new to this and have just upgraded my f550 to 6 s to take advantage of bigger props /more efficient motors etc.
What i would like to know is what is a sensible level to set my first and second, voltage protection levels at.I have a brand new battery and its showing 25volts under no load at the moment,measured with a multi-meter and shows the same on my cell checker.any help gratefully recieved.
thanks
2015-3-15
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

Set the levels to start with by using the Assistant and setting the battery type to 6S.
Charge your battery. Then do a flight check to and fly till level one is reached.  Recharge and check how many mAh is put back into the battery.  It should be 80% of total capacity or less.  
2015-3-16
Use props
davebdavies
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for your input Joe,I was going to aim for the magic 80% mark but was wondering what to set levels at to start with, or should i just go with the on screen values as  shown in assistant. The reason i ask is that from previous experience when using 3 s lipos assistant was a long way off, that is i was only using about 50% of capacity when i set to recommended  10.8 and 10.6v levels and i havn't  seen any recommendations for where to start with on a 6 s set up. any thoughts?
2015-3-17
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

The values in the Assistant tend to be conservative.  But this is because not all batteries even LiPos are the same. Different C ratings affect internal resistance and slight differences in chemistry mfg to mfg create slightly different discharge curves. Also vendors claimed capacitycan be a issue.  So better conservative than sorry.  It is a good idea to check any new battery especially a different brand or specification.l also check my batteries for capacity every 20 to 30 flights
2015-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules