Can anyone please help recommend a video camera and gimbal for recording video
1722 5 2014-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smicklos1
New

United States

I want to use my Phantom 2 + for recording sports video (pop warner football) games.  The existing camera cannot ZOOM and I need to fly high enough to not distract the players - so I must be able to zoom in and record.  Any suggestions please??
2014-10-13
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The Vision + is a hobby aircraft, you need to buy a professional rig that will support at least a DSLR.
Its also worth considering that most countries have restrictions for flying over people unless you have the relevant permission.
2014-10-13
Use props
smicklos1
New

United States

I have worked it out with the league so that I can fly away from people.  I have no problem spending the money on a solution.  The Cannon Eos 5D mark iii is a 3-4k still solution with ints own gimbal.  I was hoping there was a similiar solution for recording video not just transmitting it (go pro solutions)
2014-10-13
Use props
DJI -Lisa.zhu
lvl.4

China

DJI has professional aerial rig (s1000+ zenmuse 5D III( HD) )
You can install lightbridge to monitor the real-time video transmitter
2014-10-13
Use props
kenDJIPhantom2
New

United Kingdom

DJI -Lisa.zhu Posted at 2014-10-14 11:23
DJI has professional aerial rig (s1000+ zenmuse 5D III( HD) )
You can install lightbridge to monitor ...

I posted previously on the subject of the difficulty/cost of getting a repair for the H3 3D gimbal - damaged cable rated as non cost effective repair - and getting any help from DJI if you don't use what they recommend (Zenmuse or nothing) My solution is to move to a transmitter and receiver that gives me control af any gimbal and camera I use. I choose the Taranis X9D 16 channel Tx e.g.  see https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyk ... .asp?idCategory=508

This way I have freedom to choose my camera and gimbal. No more DJI locked in solutions. It's one answer anyway.
2014-10-16
Use props
DJI -Lisa.zhu
lvl.4

China

DJI's product enjoy global after service all around the world.
Customer can contact own dealer for any repair help as the first option.
Or you can find the nearest support center from the link below
http://www.dji.com/support
2014-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules