Mavic Cinematic Shots/Color Correction
1089 4 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans55eaa35f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106926 ft
United States

Just thought I'd post this here if anyone wanted an example of color corrected/cinematic shots or to see the quality from the drone and what you can do with color correcting in post production. All aerial shots in this video were from the Mavic, shot at 4k 30fps, auto white balance, EXCEPT last one at 1:20 (Phantom 4).

2017-6-22
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

What do you use as your sharpness, contrast, saturation ?  Also looks like polarpro filters ?
Do you DLog and then grade ?  Great video and quality though, looks interesting
2017-6-22
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
Canada

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-22 22:12
What do you use as your sharpness, contrast, saturation ?  Also looks like polarpro filters ?
Do you DLog and then grade ?  Great video and quality though, looks interesting

i'd also like to know these settings!
2017-6-23
Use props
fans55eaa35f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106926 ft
United States

I bought the Taco RC filters but have still not used them, so no filters were used in this video. I didn't DLOG then grade. The majority of the drone shots I simply applied a LUT in adobe premiere to get that look, then messed around with the exposure, tint, saturation, vibrance etc once the LUT was applied.Here is one of the clips in the video, this is the raw footage, no LULT/color grading done

No LUT.jpg

... And with the LUT, I just think this one pops a little more, then went with it on most of the other clips

LUT.jpg

I can provide the LUT if you guys want to play around with it.
2017-6-23
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Hey pal the raw before lut....what's the sharpness, contrast, saturation and setting used bud ? Looks sharp (mine don't as default, trying to get like yours or near to it) only sharpness I seem to do well with is dlog, but then I have to post edit etc..... your raw looks good
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules