TOO MANY UPGRADES
2177 19 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gerko
New
Mexico

It's really annoying that everytime I start my drone, I have to necessarily upgrade it... I flew my drone one day and a couple days next, I needed to make a video for someone at the forest, I failed to that person with my drone because I needed to updateit and upgrade it before fly it, obviously I never flew my drone that day... needed to go to home and upgrade to use it.

So, if I'm going travel and I want to make an air photo in some waterfalls but DJI make another upgrade before I go back to home... for sure it will be impossible because I need to update my drone AGAIN before use it?

DJI must to make the upgrades monthly at least, it's really annoying be an un-professional drone flyer/photographer/film-maker just because the constantly upgrades.
2017-6-24
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Just don't click to update until you get back ? There are some on .400 still so you must be able to carry on and do the update when you get chance....
2017-6-24
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Hi Gerko,

Before i fly, i just kill every connection (wifi/4g/3g) the app wants to make.
Turn my phone in airplane mode but with GPS on.
That way you can fly without a mandatory update.
2017-6-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

No reason to upgrade if you don't want to -- I'm likely skipping .0900 as it fixes bugs in areas of functionality I'm not using or adding features to hardware I don't own.
2017-6-24
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

You can definitely ignore updates. Have done so when I did want to use mobile connection.
2017-6-24
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

they really need to start making it more clear what is changed in these "updates"
2017-6-24
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

they really need to start making it more clear what is changed in these "updates"
2017-6-24
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
France

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-24 14:32

Spark and goggle improvements by the looks of it, nothing for mavic (well nothing of importance listed really )
2017-6-24
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

Yes, I can guarantee that with every single up date for everything from drones to phones, there a lot more going on under the hood that's not mentioned in the list.
As far as .900 goes, my drone/goggles has never been better, complete trust.
2017-6-24
Use props
fansfd87260c
lvl.1

United States

The software updates are coming far too fast and close together. You can tell from the date adjacent releases DJI is not doing any regression testing what so ever, this is not good and they are using us as a test bed which is inappropriate.
2017-6-24
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Australia

In case some people haven't noticed, DJI have kinda released two new products of late, quite close together, that'll be the Spark and the goggles. Expect them to NEED to do updates.

Everyone, stop complaining , at least there are doing upgrades, because it's better than them not supporting their products AT ALL.

But I get it, everything is a conspiracy right.
No once ever has an upgrade caused me issues, only improvements. So thanks.
2017-6-24
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
France

Sime Posted at 2017-6-24 15:02
In case some people haven't noticed, DJI have kinda released two new products of late, quite close together, that'll be the Spark and the goggles. Expect them to NEED to do updates.

Everyone, stop complaining , at least there are doing upgrades, because it's better than them not supporting their products AT ALL.

maybe the bugs being posted for Mavic & app compatibility NEED attention also afterall its the more expensive item, I would have thought the priority would be a firmware to improve where possible and to stop as many being sent in so that DJI can concentrate on other things....yes updates are good if you have the item being updated, if you have a mavic you will see no change which is a bit disappointing.
2017-6-24
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Australia

Shh RCNJ, don't tell them the truth, that DJI might actually be listening to their complaints.
2017-6-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-24 14:44
Spark and goggle improvements by the looks of it, nothing for mavic (well nothing of importance listed really )

Of super-importance if you use portrait orientation mode is the fix for the bottom third having the wrong color temperature. I personally haven't used this feature (yet), but a lot of people who like to do panoramas in portrait mode are going to want to update to .0900.
2017-6-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Sime Posted at 2017-6-24 15:02

.0800 and .0900 broke DNG formatting on Macs. Not an insurmountable problem if you are using Adobe products but a PITA if you are not, and makes it impossible to preview using the system level DNG support in the OS.
2017-6-24
Use props
fans14452db7
New
Flight distance : 3015 ft

United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-6-24 13:15
Hi Gerko,

Before i fly, i just kill every connection (wifi/4g/3g) the app wants to make.

That worked until they made me log into DJI before a flight.  no bueno
2017-6-24
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

fans14452db7 Posted at 2017-6-24 18:45

That's why i stayed on .400.
Worked flawless for me and no need to update.
2017-6-25
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

After a few flights, 900 seemed to have improved signal strength for me, unless that's just because it's a weekend and fewer transmissions happening.
2017-6-25
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Australia

900 is rather nice.
2017-6-25
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

fans14452db7 Posted at 2017-6-24 18:45

... maybe you should read the forum a little more carefull... you only have to login on app, that you can achieve without internet or cell coverage... so tell us what doesn't work for you?
2017-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules