After Update 01.04.0602 Gimbal motor buzzing crazy
1808 32 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmpeters
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135755 ft
United States

After updating to firmware 01.04.0602, the Gimbal on the drone is buzzing like a mad hornet.  Has anyone expreienced this?  Any way to correct it?
2017-6-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No, I didn't experience that. I'd suggest you use Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware again while the craft is cool i.e. just switched on. Perhaps the gimbal controller module in the firmware update didn't install properly?
2017-6-25
Use props
dmpeters
lvl.1
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-25 18:40
No, I didn't experience that. I'd suggest you use Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware again while the craft is cool i.e. just switched on. Perhaps the gimbal controller module in the firmware update didn't install properly?

Will give it a try after the battery recharges.  That firmware was a long update
2017-6-25
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I'm almost under the impression that DJI may have increased voltages to the gimbal motors to keep the gimbal level. I am only operating on assumptions but it's a logical move if the gimbal is tilting because it is not able to overcome certain situations..  It's a bigger camera and if they tried to implement the same gimbal values as the P4 as a shortcut (or used some formula to compensate for the size difference) then maybe those values are too much for the hardware they tried to make it work with (if they are using the same hardware they used with the P4 - only stretched it capabilities because it still had headroom left).. I am talking about the IC's and engines involved in controlling the gimbal motors.
2017-6-25
Use props
dmpeters
lvl.1
United States

So far No joy on forcing the update.  I am downgrading to see if that cures me
2017-6-25
Use props
dmpeters
lvl.1
United States

Downgrade did shut the Gimbal up.  Now trying to upgrade again
2017-6-25
Use props
dmpeters
lvl.1
United States

OK, it was apparently a failure of the firmware to update the gimbal operations in the first attempt.  I had to downgrade through assistant and then reinstall the new firmware again.  Thanks to Punchbuggy for the tip  
2017-6-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dmpeters Posted at 2017-6-25 19:35
OK, it was apparently a failure of the firmware to update the gimbal operations in the first attempt.  I had to downgrade through assistant and then reinstall the new firmware again.  Thanks to Punchbuggy for the tip

No prob. I'm happy that worked for you.
2017-6-25
Use props
gkandilakis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4600 ft
Greece

Hello there I have the same problem. After the new update I have a crazy noise from the gimbal.
Also my gimbal calibration stucks at 50%.
I thought the drone will have no problem in the flying but it is moving all the time during the flight. The video is full of movement.

Do you have any idea? I made a repair request but I am still waiting for my shipping label. I need my drone for professional use and is really frustrating.
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

gkandilakis Posted at 2017-6-26 00:18
Hello there I have the same problem. After the new update I have a crazy noise from the gimbal.
I thought the drone will have no problem in the flying but it is moving all the time during the flight. The video is full of movement.

Sorry to hear about this, you can try to re-upgrade the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, then try to calibrate the gimbal again, see if it works.
2017-6-26
Use props
gkandilakis
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-26 00:23
Sorry to hear about this, you can try to re-upgrade the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, then try to calibrate the gimbal again, see if it works.

Hello and thanks for the reply, can you tell me how to do that?
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

gkandilakis Posted at 2017-6-26 01:15
Hello and thanks for the reply, can you tell me how to do that?

Here is a tutorials about how to upgrade or downgrade the firmware for your reference.
2017-6-26
Use props
gkandilakis
lvl.1
Greece

ok I am trying it now and report back
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

gkandilakis Posted at 2017-6-26 02:13
ok I am trying it now and report back

If you have any further questions, please click on "Reply" button here so I can get a remind, thanks.
2017-6-26
Use props
gkandilakis
lvl.1
Greece

Hello Diana, I made the update again but no change. I then downgraded and the noise stopped.
Also the gimbal made the calibration. What do you suggest?
2017-6-26
Use props
dmpeters
lvl.1
United States

I reported the original issue.  To fix the problem, downgrade to the prior firmware, then reinstall the newest firmware using the DJI Assistant.  After the downgrade and the the subsequent upgrade my gimbal shut up and returned to normal
2017-6-26
Use props
gkandilakis
lvl.1
Greece

Thank you very much. I will go for the latest firmware again. I was really frustrated and could not work all these days but I think the problem is fixed.
2017-6-26
Use props
fanscb8c8d74
New
Flight distance : 22884 ft
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-26 02:35
If you have any further questions, please click on "Reply" button here so I can get a remind, thanks.

Hello, I also have the Problem that my gimbel is doing strange noises and je is moving. It will be even more extreme when I say reset to camera Defaults.

No I try to downgrade and upgrade, but I have no Chance via Assist 2 to downgrade,

Can you please help me out here.

Greetings from Germany
Manfred
2017-6-29
Use props
fanscb8c8d74
New
Flight distance : 22884 ft
Germany

dmpeters Posted at 2017-6-25 19:35

How it was possible for you to downgrade? In my DJI Assistant there is no Option to downgrade anymore.
2017-6-29
Use props
fans5f12fff3
New
Singapore

I have the same issue, and my dji assistant 2 doesn't show any older firmware... I can't seems to downgrade... I can downgrade my RC firmware through dji go... but not the P4P
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fanscb8c8d74 Posted at 2017-6-29 11:14
Hello, I also have the Problem that my gimbel is doing strange noises and je is moving. It will be even more extreme when I say reset to camera Defaults.

No I try to downgrade and upgrade, but I have no Chance via Assist 2 to downgrade,

What aircraft are you using?  Could you please post a screenshot of DJI Assistant 2 for better assistance? If it is possible, please provide more details about the gimbal issue, a short video about it will be highly appreciate.
2017-6-29
Use props
julok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3220266 ft
France

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-6-25 18:58
I'm almost under the impression that DJI may have increased voltages to the gimbal motors to keep the gimbal level. I am only operating on assumptions but it's a logical move if the gimbal is tilting because it is not able to overcome certain situations..  It's a bigger camera and if they tried to implement the same gimbal values as the P4 as a shortcut (or used some formula to compensate for the size difference) then maybe those values are too much for the hardware they tried to make it work with (if they are using the same hardware they used with the P4 - only stretched it capabilities because it still had headroom left).. I am talking about the IC's and engines involved in controlling the gimbal motors.

Hi Mobilcams,
We have the same issue with the gimbal jolting, have you seen any improvements since the last firmware update (602) ?
2017-7-1
Use props
mickspawn
lvl.2
Australia

mine is buzzing like god damn hell too.  thanks DJI for ruining my night.  how do you downgrade?
2017-7-1
Use props
mickspawn
lvl.2
Australia

mickspawn Posted at 2017-7-1 07:25
mine is buzzing like god damn hell too.  thanks DJI for ruining my night.  how do you downgrade?

there is no way to downgrade on phantom 4 pro+what the hell do i do?!?!?!

s

s
2017-7-1
Use props
mickspawn
lvl.2
Australia

mickspawn Posted at 2017-7-1 07:42
there is no way to downgrade on phantom 4 pro+what the hell do i do?!?!?!

also, on my controller Overall Status Latest Firmware! Abnormal.
then i get Data Recorder Error
2017-7-1
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

julok Posted at 2017-7-1 07:15
Hi Mobilcams,
We have the same issue with the gimbal jolting, have you seen any improvements since the last firmware update (602) ?

The twitching is gone but i still get moments of corrupted encoding in 4k.. oh well..
2017-7-1
Use props
mickspawn
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-26 00:23

nothing works for me DJI Diana please help, my drone has become useless.  cant downgrade firmware, cant reset to factory default, upgrading software again by clicking refresh does nothing, calibrating the gimbal does nothing.  your firmware ruined my drone and cost me a lot of money.  what to do?
2017-7-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

mickspawn Posted at 2017-7-1 23:22
nothing works for me DJI Diana please help, my drone has become useless.  cant downgrade firmware, cant reset to factory default, upgrading software again by clicking refresh does nothing, calibrating the gimbal does nothing.  your firmware ruined my drone and cost me a lot of money.  what to do?

Sorry for the delay, just saw your post , is this issue resolved? If not, please provide more details about the issue of your drone? Some screenshoots of the Overall Status and the Error code will be highly appreciated.
2017-7-9
Use props
Fer09
lvl.1
Flight distance : 362674 ft
Colombia

After Update 01.04.0602 Gimbal motor buzzing crazy
2017-7-12
Use props
Fer09
lvl.1
Flight distance : 362674 ft
Colombia

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, You have been able to solve it?
2017-7-12
Use props
Joao Reberte
New
Flight distance : 3058 ft
Brazil

I have a problema with my Gimbal... I'm using firmware 01.04.0602, my gimbal didn't go to the correct position... It stays rotated, not centered. I've bought it a week ago, and never felt down. It was normal, and started with this...
2017-7-17
Use props
windgoi
lvl.1
United States

On my DJI P4P. I too am not able to update to 01.04.0602 Causes Gimbal to buzz. I was able to down grade to fix the issue. Updating continues to make the camera buzz as I tried again per DJI service recommendation. This was before DJI removed the ability to downgrade firmware using Assistant application.  I will NOT attempt to upgrade until DJI make a new firmware release as the down grade option has been removed from Assistant application. I sent DJI service an email on the issue. Looks like they have a bug in their update based on my experience and others in this thread, the update causing  issues with the gimbal buzzing and will not calibrate. DJI said to down grade and they will pass on the information to their development team.  Looks and sounds like DJI is pushing out some bad code.   Bad for their brand.
2017-8-19
Use props
windgoi
lvl.1
United States

FROM DJI

Thank you for your response.

Since there is no issue with your unit after you downgraded the firmware, we think that there might be a glitch with the latest firmware. Our team will be looking for this issue to see if this is a bug to fix it immediately.

What we can suggest is to to a pre-flight checking so that you can avoid any issue while flying your drone. If everything is working now you can wait for another firmware update.

Should there be further inquiries please let us know.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
I REMOVED NAME OF DJI  employee

DJI SUPPORT
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules