Life-Hack request: charge iPhone while flying the drone !?
3218 3 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
parador
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1275584 ft
Netherlands

Dear all,
Let's start to say that the Mavic is a great product, and it works seamless with the iPhone. Unfortunately, while flying (and also streaming: heavy battery use), the battery of the iPhone won't last longer than about 2 flights. Of course, I could buy a ipad (mini), another phone or recharge in between flights, but that doesn't work in real life.

Question: What real options are there to charge your iphone while you are flying?

I read that people have had problems with iphone battery cases, so I don't want to invest in that right now. Unless, we have some cases that are 'guranteed'

Thank you for your help!

2017-6-26
Use props
dimgo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315958 ft
Germany

My phone is charging while it's connected to the RC. I would like to disable it, but can't find the option. (Android)
Would be nice to have a option for this.
2017-6-26
Use props
Brokenphones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 489400 ft
Ireland

If you use the secondary USB port (the one in the middle of the controller, rather than the side) your device should charge from it.
The placing of the cable isn't as neat, but it will charge the device from the controller. Of course, the downside to this is that you will run the charge on the controller down, but I don't think that should be too much of a consideration. When I first received my Mavic I was using an HTC M8, which has the port orientated upside down, so I had to use the middle port to connect to the controller and it charged the phone. The controller (even charging my phone) still lasted longer than flights using the two Mavic batteries I had at the time. Have since replaced that phone with one which has a correctly orientated port.
Hope this helps.
2017-6-26
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

There is a video re this, you can get an adapter for a mavic battery which outputs USB, so you can use it to charge controller but unsure re iPhone, I'm plugged in via USB from controller to my iPad Air 2 and it doesn't get charge.....
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules