Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI CrystalSky compatible with Mavic Pro FAQ-Connect, Mount, Charger
16789 21 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

CrystalSky Product Page: http://store.dji.com/product/cry ... te&from=buy_now_bar
CrystalSky Specs: http://www.dji.com/crystalsky/info#specs
CrystalSky Downloads (User Guide/WCH2 Charging Hub User Guide:  http://www.dji.com/crystalsky/info#downloads

Questions about the DJI CrystalSky Monitor and the Mavic Pro.

Q: Is the DJI CrystalSky Monitor 5.5, 7.85, 7.85 Ultra all compatible with the Mavic Pro Remote Controller?
A: Yes, With the purchase of a type C usb cable sold seperately (Not avaiable from DJI)

Q: Will the DJI CrystalSky Monitor Mount to the Mavic Pro Remote Controller?

A No, The thickness without the battery of the 5.5 CrystalSky is 19mm and 17mm for the 7.85 CrystalSky High and Ultra models. (Place the CrystalSky Monitor of a flat surface when using)
(Optional CrystalSky - Remote Controller Mounting Bracket will not mount by itself. An additional bracket inbetween the Mavic Pro RC and Remote Controller Mounting Bracket will be required [Not Avaiable from DJI])UPDATED ("We will release new mounting brackets which will allow CrystalSky to be mounted on the remote controller and the handle of Osmo [Excluding Osmo Mobile], please pay attention to our offical Store.") Size 5.5, 7.85 "However, we can't assure as of now what would be the approximate sizes that will fit the new mounting bracket for the Mavic"

Q: Will the DJI CrystalSky Monitor charge using the Mavic Pro battery charger?
A: No, The CrystalSky Monitor In the Box comes with a Intelligent Battery Charging Hub to charge the Intelligent Battery. The Battery Charger is sold seperately.
(Compatible Battery Charges for the CrystalSky Intelligent Charging Hub; Ispires 1 & 2 series, Phantom 3* & 4 series, Osmo*) Buy CrystalSky.png In the Box.png
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... 14964&postcount=175
Official CrystalSky    Owner s Thread      Page 12   RC Groups.png

http://mavicpilots.com/threads/m ... with-a-mavic.20473/
Velcro seems better!
My solution for mounting the 5.5 with a Mavic   DJI Mavic Drone Forum.png

2017-6-26
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I think that DJI saying it was compatible with the Mavic Pro was really an afterthought. Someone said, hey, we could probably use this with a Mavic as well because there are sure to be companies who will make aftermarket holders that fit.
2017-6-26
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-26 23:13
I think that DJI saying it was compatible with the Mavic Pro was really an afterthought. Someone said, hey, we could probably use this with a Mavic as well because there are sure to be companies who will make aftermarket holders that fit.

I have seen pictures of 3rd party Mavic Pro tablet mounts used with the DJI mounting bracket. It just doesnt seem right.

UPDATE: ckmpm.PNG
2017-6-27
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

It would be useful if the new DJI mount would also accommodate the larger CrystalSky as well as tablets,
2017-6-27
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-26 23:13

I think that DJI saying it was compatible with the Mavic Pro was really an afterthought

More likely, they underestimated the interest from a semi-hobbyist market - with a price point near the price of the drone.  CrystalSky has, from it's initial announcement, been targeted toward more commercial drones and applications.  But since CrystalSky runs DJI GO 4, and should be compatible with any drone using that app, they should have known there would be Mavic demand.  Their problem was that the Mavic RC is so different from the others i.e designed for portability.
2017-6-27
Use props
Harmonix 5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7628 ft
United States

Wait..... I have a mavic pro so these stupid mofos gotta make me buy a charger for it?

Greatttttttt
2017-6-27
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Update new charger compatibility: CrystalSky Charger Notification.png
2017-6-28
Use props
Aerial Boundary
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-6-27 10:40
I think that DJI saying it was compatible with the Mavic Pro was really an afterthought

More likely, they underestimated the interest from a semi-hobbyist market - with a price point near the price of the drone.  CrystalSky has, from it's initial announcement, been targeted toward more commercial drones and applications.  But since CrystalSky runs DJI GO 4, and should be compatible with any drone using that app, they should have known there would be Mavic demand.  Their problem was that the Mavic RC is so different from the others i.e designed for portability.

If 100% of Inspire users buy the CrystalSky and only 1% of Mavic Pro users, they'll probably still sell a lot more of them to Mavic Pro users than Inspire users

2017-6-28
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
United States

Aerial Boundary Posted at 2017-6-28 11:11
If 100% of Inspire users buy the CrystalSky and only 1% of Mavic Pro users, they'll probably still sell a lot more of them to Mavic Pro users than Inspire users

Poor market analysis by DJI, but maybe they underestimated our credit card limits :-)
2017-6-28
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

This is pretty much the definition of asinine. There is zero reason this couldn't be made compatible with Mavic chargers. In fact, what DJI should be doing, and with great haste, is to make adapters for the Mavic chargers and be sending them free of charge to Mavic owners who have bought the unit. "But why should we get them for free?" Because this was mainifest stupidity and borderline false advertising. Absolute negligence on the part of DJI. What DJI truly needs is legitimate competition for their products. Until then we are stuck with brainless antics.
2017-6-28
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-6-27 10:40

I'm Inspire money into my Mavic at this point. With extra batteries, case, and accessories I could have purchased an Inspire. It would not have suited my use case, though, and so I am perfectly happy with my Mavic. Now, if DJI would stop treating us as toy buyers, that would be excellent. Cendence support would be awesome, too.
2017-6-28
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ephektz Posted at 2017-6-28 21:24
I'm Inspire money into my Mavic at this point. With extra batteries, case, and accessories I could have purchased an Inspire. It would not have suited my use case, though, and so I am perfectly happy with my Mavic. Now, if DJI would stop treating us as toy buyers, that would be excellent. Cendence support would be awesome, too.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=37814964&postcount=175 Official CrystalSky    Owner s Thread      Page 12   RC Groups.png

http://mavicpilots.com/threads/m ... with-a-mavic.20473/
Velcro seems better!
My solution for mounting the 5.5 with a Mavic   DJI Mavic Drone Forum.png
2017-6-29
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Update on battery chargers.

The Phantom 4 160W Battery Charger plug has 3 prongs. The compatible AC cable is the Phantom 4 100W AC Power Cable is 2 prongs (which matches the Phantom 4 100W 2 prong plug).
I was instructed by support to force the 2 prong AC cable into the 3 prong 160W charger and it would not fit and may have bent the 100W AC Cable.

http://store.dji.com/product/pha ... er-without-ac-cable
http://store.dji.com/product/pha ... daptor-cable-usa-ca
Waiting on a manager call back to see if they sell the correct 3 prong AC Cable.
2017-7-5
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks this works really well and a good option until the official is released - cheers H
2017-7-12
Use props
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

Thanks, I've got a 5.5" CrystalSky and have been flying my Mavic with it.  I used the Velcro solution pictured earlier in this thread.  Was pretty quick and easy to put together.  Just cut the Velcro strips to the right size and shape, peel, and stick.

Video is crystal clear, nice bright screen, had no trouble flying outside on a fairly bright day.  The CrystalSky has a whopping great battery, so it lasts a really long time.  It's kind of a downer that I had to buy a separate charger (I just went and got an Inspire 2 charger)-- not just the extra cash to buy it, but now I've got yet another black brick slab thing that I need to tote around if I go traveling.  But the monitor itself is seriously nice.

Had some teething pains getting it running (it was set up for China by default, had to do some fussing and fuming to get it convinced that it's in America and should show American maps), but after a bit of futzing I was off and running.  Have been happy with it so far.  ("So far," in my case, means "two days of using it"...)
2017-7-16
Use props
cgb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19167 ft
United States

Twirlip, I'm thinking about buying the 5.5" Crystal sky for my Mavic. Are your issues resolved so far? Also, can you tell me, does the display rotate if you rotate the Crystal sky monitor? If not this mount is upside down, right?

2017-7-19
Use props
cgb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19167 ft
United States

?d=1498751526
2017-7-19
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronesinairs Posted at 2017-6-29 18:53
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=37814964&postcount=175[view_image]

Thanks this works really well and a good option until the official is released - cheers H
2017-7-24
Use props
djiuser_Cbc8tuJ
lvl.1
United States

For the price of the damn thing you would think a charger would come with it and a mount. It's kind of like Sony's Alpha cameras that cost a ton of money and didn't include a battery charger.
2017-9-7
Use props
fans15ef8f0f
New
United States

dronesinairs Posted at 2017-6-27 09:35
I have seen pictures of 3rd party Mavic Pro tablet mounts used with the DJI mounting bracket. It just doesnt seem right.

UPDATE:[view_image]

I have the new mavic mount for the crystalsky and it mounts the monitor upsidedown with no known way of flipping the screen.  I'm taking it back to the dealer and going with my home made mount.
2017-9-28
Use props
Raisor
New
Japan

Hi, I had the same frustrations as noted above. First of all there was no explanation on how to mount the Crystal Sky Mavic mount to the Mavic Controller. Luckily I found a Chinese video on youtube that showed me how: Secondly I got very frustrated when I found out that a charger for the batteries was not included and there is no text mentioning this when you buy it. I should at least have been a notice for it on the Crysal Sky mount for Mavic. And thirdly it took me some time as well to figure out how to flip the monitor. If you intend to use it with the Inspire then everything is in order but when you mount it to the Mavic it's actually mounted upside/down. The settings menu does not have any flip optins. But there is a small symbol in the top left corner of the home screen. Tap this icon and you will find the menu option that allows you to flip the screen. You can see the option in the picture here:
2017-11-9
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

fans15ef8f0f Posted at 2017-9-28 10:34
I have the new mavic mount for the crystalsky and it mounts the monitor upsidedown with no known way of flipping the screen.  I'm taking it back to the dealer and going with my home made mount.

As far as the mount goes I use this one, very strong & sturdy, price point is good at $50 USD, I prefer to use a stand alone Type "C" USB cable, just in case the cable goes bad I don't have to replace the whole mount as some of the others are designed.

2017-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules