Can an IPad mini be used with a Phantom 2 vision +
2076 13 2015-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moxy149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1220797 ft
United Kingdom

Is it possible to use an IPad mini with a Phantom 2 vision +? If so how can it be done and what app would I use. Cheers.
2015-3-16
Use props
eleclair
lvl.2

United States

I use a full size iPad at times mounted on a tripod.  Should work fine for the iPad mini.  You just download the DJI Vision app designed for the iPhone and it works fine on the iPad.
2015-3-16
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

eleclair Posted at 2015-3-17 06:40
I use a full size iPad at times mounted on a tripod.  Should work fine for the iPad mini.  You just  ...

Hi, many thanks for the quick reply.  When you have the time could you please give me an idiot's guide on how to configure it all, and if there are any things I should watch for could you list those as well.  Again I really appreciate your valued input on this matter. Regards.... Ian.
2015-3-16
Use props
rdc4444
lvl.2

United States

It works but the video quality will be crappy/pixelated because the app is not optimized for an iPad. I gave up on using my iPad mini because of the,picture quality. I'm not sure if you have an iPad mini 2/3 with a faster processor if that would make a difference.
2015-3-16
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

moxy149@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-17 07:17
Hi, many thanks for the quick reply.  When you have the time could you please give me an idiot's g ...

Fortunately the manual that came with the Phantom has all the set up information, same for iPhone as iPad and while i do not profess to be an expert or an idiot i do not deny being a smart a$$ on occasion and therefore do not have an idiots guide, i paid extra for my Phantom and it came without it
go to: phantomhelp.com and download the "ultimate phantom guide". it really has all you need to get you started.
2015-3-16
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Cheers my friend....no insult intended, and thanks for all your help. Great work. Regards.... Ian.
2015-3-17
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rdc4444@hotmail Posted at 2015-3-17 09:07
It works but the video quality will be crappy/pixelated because the app is not optimized for an iPad ...

Thank you for your help and the info reference the video quality.  So much help from so many great people .... it's all good stuff.  Regards... Ian.
2015-3-17
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rdc4444@hotmail Posted at 2015-3-17 09:07
It works but the video quality will be crappy/pixelated because the app is not optimized for an iPad ...

Hi there,  I am sure my Ipad is a 3, but I will double check it.  Many thanks.
2015-3-17
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

To answer your question, yes an Ipad Mini works great.  All I use.  Here is my setup.  Not sure what others are talking about with the video quality.  I've found it to be more than adequate.  

2015-3-17
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

moxy149@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-18 08:17
Hi there,  I am sure my Ipad is a 3, but I will double check it.  Many thanks.

Moxy, as stated the iPad mini or maxi works, the only potential downside is that the Vision app was written for the iPhone and therefore the iPads larger screen wil simply spread the realestate of the app written for a smaller screen over a larger screen and will be a bit pixelated. That said, I will have an iPad mini hooked up in the next weeks....just download the vision app for the iPhone and you will be fine.
2015-3-17
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Good morning, I have downloaded the app to my IPad mini and it appears to be working Okay, and at some point I will give a test run for video and photography quality.  I will keep you in the picture ( Picture??) get it??  That's my attempt at humour...sad I know.  Cheers for the input.
2015-3-18
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

gary.ok@hotmail Posted at 2015-3-18 08:53
To answer your question, yes an Ipad Mini works great.  All I use.  Here is my setup.  Not sure what ...

The set up looks great, and I am SO jealous.  All joking aside the gear looks spot on.  Thank you for your time and comments.  Regards  Ian.
2015-3-18
Use props
smatchet42
lvl.2

United States

gary.ok@hotmail Posted at 2015-3-18 08:53
To answer your question, yes an Ipad Mini works great.  All I use.  Here is my setup.  Not sure what ...

Where did you get that iPad mount? It looks awesome!!
2015-3-18
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

It is from Seacraft.  They have it on Amazon, but I got it from some other online hobby store.  Not sure who it was now.  I modified it a bit to add the shade hood, and the newer version of the transmitter does not fit exactly.  A little Velcro on the bottom and some ties on the front solved that problem.  It actually fits really nice and I can get it out when I need to.  I also used a GoPro Mount on my wifi receiver so I can take it on and off.  It comes with a four point back strap as an option which makes it really comfortable.  Down side is the cost.  Not all that cheap.  Well made though.

2015-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules