25 FPS VIDEO OPTION PLEASE
1679 5 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9bd08f43
New
United Kingdom

Disappointed that I can't change the frame rate to 25 for video in the UK. In fact no video format settings. But 25 is essential for UK video to work with other footage shot at multiples of that for UK. I'll just have to suffer skipped frames, I haven't tested this yet, but I know from experience 29.7 FPS does not fit well in a 25 timeline.

2017-6-28
Use props
TheFlyingDutchm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

I agree, and I hope they will implement it. However, most smart phones also only have 30/60 fps unless you install special app. I guess this is the accepted social media norm.
Since there is no audio on your footage, unless you need to stay in real time for sync you could choose to playback those 30 (29,97) fps as 25. This will only slightly slow down your footage (which might even give it a nicer look) without skipping frames. Nice and smooth!
2017-6-28
Use props
Raz Taz
lvl.4

China

I hope that Dji reaesu=d this post and many others abut the same request. Spark users is not only interested in selfies, gestures and post video in the socials. Many videomakers want use Spark for made good videos. We need 24fps, 25fps, color profiles. Please Dji, take care also of us.
2017-6-28
Use props
Robbocurry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379475 ft
United Kingdom

Raz Taz Posted at 2017-6-28 08:24
I hope that Dji reaesu=d this post and many others abut the same request. Spark users is not only interested in selfies, gestures and post video in the socials. Many videomakers want use Spark for made good videos. We need 24fps, 25fps, color profiles. Please Dji, take care also of us.

I use PPCC and just use the "interpret footage" option to 25fps. It just makes the clips a little bit slower and more epic;)
2017-6-28
Use props
djiuser_y0VXNCG
lvl.1
Germany

Hi folks,

I also suffer from the missing 25fps option. I was looking for ways to render the 30fps material coming from the Spark to 25fps without stuttering in order to merge it with other footage coming from my Camcorder.
After trying all sorts of programs I tried DaVinci Resolve - and it worked !! While the result may not be absolutely perfect, it definitely looks good enough for me. Resolve has an option called "Optical Flow" which eliminates the stuttering in the converted footage. Best of all, Resolve is a free download.

So, for everyone waiting patiently for DJi to come up with a proper firmware upgrade, I would recommend this way in the meantime.
2017-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope DJI will add this (25 fps) soon, so I can order my Spark
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now