Maps
1151 7 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smfcpacfp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47454 ft
United States

I just purchased  a P4P+ and have been flying it a bit.  How do I get maps? Does it automatically download maps for the area that I have been flying in, or do I have to download them from somewhere?
2017-6-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There is a simple method to cache your flight maps. This is done at home with your wifi connection enabled.
Turn on the three components of your flight kit, RC, drone and device (app).
In the app turn on Cache Maps in Background.
Your local area map should already be visible, while connected to wifi.
Pinch squeeze it, so it shows a larger area. Now scroll it or slide it, to the area you intend to fly at. Spread it out so you have a larger or closer view of the area.
Move the map around so it goes beyond your intended flight area, on the screen.
Now you can shut everything off.
That's pretty much it. When you arrive at your intended flight field, and turn on your chosen device, the map "should" be visible.
Anyway, most of us fly by the camera view, and will find the map visible when we review the flight. . .

Good luck. Hopefully this simple instruction will help you get your map back. Please let us know how it turns out.
To check it at home, shut down your wifi modem by unplugging it. Turn off all components of the flight kit.
Then turn the three components back on, and see if the map is there, while your wifi network is disabled.
Good luck, I hope this has helped you.

Looking forward to reading about your success. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-6-29
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141302 ft
United States

This doesn't work for me.  I have no map overlay, just a blank screen with a bunch of Chinese characters on it.
2017-7-1
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

mhoppes Posted at 2017-7-1 13:28
This doesn't work for me.  I have no map overlay, just a blank screen with a bunch of Chinese characters on it.

With P4P+ you are on Android.  The 'Cache Map in Background' option is only available for iOS.
While being outside with the AC having GPS signal, log into some WiFi hotspot. Your positon should be shown on the map. Cache the map by zooming in/out of areas of interest.

2017-7-1
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-7-1 14:45
With P4P+ you are on Android.  The 'Cache Map in Background' option is only available for iOS.
While being outside with the AC having GPS signal, log into some WiFi hotspot. Your positon should be shown on the map. Cache the map by zooming in/out of areas of interest.

I'll try zooming.   Even while on WiFi I am not getting anything to show for the maps.  Just blank space.
2017-7-1
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

mhoppes Posted at 2017-7-1 15:16
I'll try zooming.   Even while on WiFi I am not getting anything to show for the maps.  Just blank space.

Are you under open sky? The P4P+ remote has GPS. Make sure it is unobstructed.
2017-7-1
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Yes, I'm under open sky and the map shows my point.  It just won't display the actual maps.
2017-7-2
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

It won't help you much but you are not alone:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... tid=102428#lastpost
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced