Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UPDATE, DJI gets NO FLY ZONE coordinates online
3022 32 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zhiran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1061115 ft
Iraq

Hello everyone,

We as DJI users and suffering from No fly zone coordinates, DJI just updated their mobile app and now the dji go apps gets the coordinates from their server, no more saving gps coordinate on the phone.

They also removed older versions for phantom 4 pro, so you cann't roll back to the older frimware with the older nfz coordinates.

Thanks
2017-6-30
Use props
fansc629d008
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-30
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Iraq

fansc629d008 Posted at 2017-6-30 14:37
They did more than that - they crippled the range by lowering the RC power (which is why we now get a real bad live feed in the latest firmware). They also removed the Smart RTH toggle and permanently activated that feature to limit waypoint flying - and then they quickly changed their terms of service to prevent a class action lawsuit from being filed against them for doing this, while simultaneously removing the toggle switch for the faulty "GEO" system, permanently turning it on, and increasing no fly zones.

I would get a drone from another brand for my next purchase, not satisfied with DJI at all.
2017-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansc629d008 Posted at 2017-6-30 14:37
They did more than that - they crippled the range by lowering the RC power (which is why we now get a real bad live feed in the latest firmware). They also removed the Smart RTH toggle and permanently activated that feature to limit waypoint flying - and then they quickly changed their terms of service to prevent a class action lawsuit from being filed against them for doing this, while simultaneously removing the toggle switch for the faulty "GEO" system, permanently turning it on, and increasing no fly zones.

You need to get a P4, I can still toggle GEO & RTH etc.
2017-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Zhiran Posted at 2017-6-30 14:39
I would get a drone from another brand for my next purchase, not satisfied with DJI at all.

What would you suggest. DJI are the market leaders ?
2017-6-30
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Iraq

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-30 14:45
You need to get a P4, I can still toggle GEO & RTH etc.

why they would disable return to home function, i didn't get that point?
2017-6-30
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Iraq

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-30 14:46
What would you suggest. DJI are the market leaders ?

If you cannot fly with a drone then it is a piece of trash.
2017-6-30
Use props
fansc629d008
Banned

United States

2017-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansc629d008 Posted at 2017-6-30 14:56
Well it is a toggle to turn off Smart RTH. So now it auto-activates and you can't disable the feature for waypoint flying, etc. They did this on purpose. I don't know what their "logic" was in removing the user-option and not reporting it in any change-logs. That in itself is unethical in the software world in any other place other than DJI-land.  I have a feeling that DJI doesn't ever feel accountable to customers.

People are loyal to the PRODUCT, not the BRAND. DJI isn't a US company, so it doesn't exactly think this way - for the LONG TERM. History is replete with examples of this mentality - Blackberry, Xerox, etc, but DJI appears in this for short-term gains. That is why I imagine they don't really care about customer service. Once you have purchased their product and they have your money - they don't care.

I have a P4 and still have all the functionality you say is crippled, so could it be an error on the latest P4P build ? That'll be a bit like Apple then, so dependant on foreign technology and only after the money ?

2017-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Zhiran Posted at 2017-6-30 14:49
why they would disable return to home function, i didn't get that point?

On the P4 they have not disabled this function, so could it be down to an error in the P4P firmware ?
2017-6-30
Use props
fansc629d008
Banned

United States

2017-6-30
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Iraq

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-30 15:05
I have a P4 and still have all the functionality you say is crippled, so could it be an error on the latest P4P build ? That'll be a bit like Apple then, so dependant on foreign technology and only after the money ?

like in a few months or a year, you will not be able to fly dji drones anywhere, they are putting everywhere to NFZ.
2017-6-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

'no more saving gps coordinate on the phone.'

The GPS co-ordinates were NEVER saved on the phone, only in the aircraft. What would be the point of having them on the phone, when you can always shut off your phone or tablet from the Internet. So having them on the phone would be a waste of time.
2017-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Zhiran Posted at 2017-6-30 15:09
like in a few months or a year, you will not be able to fly dji drones anywhere, they are putting everywhere to NFZ.

Not true, only airports and suchlike are No Fly Zones. I don't live in an NFZ but I do live in class D airspace (within 5 miles of an airport), which means I have to move outside this area to collect videos and enjoy flying my P4. The classifications of NFZ are not under the control of DJI , but of each countries government.
2017-6-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Zhiran Posted at 2017-6-30 14:49

Exactly ... it seems there are several points that you didn't get.
DJI did not and would not disable the return to home function.
And it's extremely unlikely that they would have crippled the performance as fansc629d008 suggests.

Exactly ... and do you think that the makers of the best selling ready-to-fly drones are so stupid that they don't understand that?

Calm down and work out what your real problems are rather than falling for stupid conspiracy theories from people that don't know what they are talking about.
2017-6-30
Use props
fans24e1faa3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33 ft
Iraq

many bugs... totally unsatisfied with the product. P4P is unusable when these is wind.
2017-6-30
Use props
Daveb500
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191742 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-30 16:08
Exactly ... it seems there are several points that you didn't get.
DJI did not and would not disable the return to home function.
And it's extremely unlikely that they would have crippled the performance as fansc629d008 suggests.

Fully agree, I stated before in a thread that DJI are only trying to stay ahead of legislation. If they don't, then successive governments will impose, by banning the use of drones by unlicensed individuals. I am new on this forum, and just like every other forum whether its cars bikes cameras etc, there are always conspiracy theorists. I would say, first of all do the updates, then sit back and use your intellect to work out what has changed and why, then look at how you can continue your hobby. At the end of the day DJI are a business, they will do what ever they can to protect their business, and us the customers, thereby enabling them to grow their business.  Shutting down the use of drones kills their investment and business.
2017-6-30
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Why did they reduce the transmission power?
2017-7-1
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 230052 ft
Australia

This is no conspiracy.  This is my real world experience.  I had to roll back to Go 4 app V4.0.5 becasue the later versions just don't work on my device.  This is a DJI problem, not device as it works fine on V4.0.5.  Now I have updated the No Fly Zones via the app and I still cannot fly more than 30m high or 50m away - WTF?  I am not happy.
2017-7-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tex21 Posted at 2017-7-1 00:54
This is no conspiracy.  This is my real world experience.  I had to roll back to Go 4 app V4.0.5 becasue the later versions just don't work on my device.  This is a DJI problem, not device as it works fine on V4.0.5.  Now I have updated the No Fly Zones via the app and I still cannot fly more than 30m high or 50m away - WTF?  I am not happy.

You'll likely find that with the latest firmware build on the aircraft that it will also need the latest build of DJI Go 4 for all to work as expected.

Which display device are you using ?

EDIT:- I've spotted it in one of your other posts, the HTC One M7 ?

As it's not on DJI's list of supported Android devices then it will be dependant on whether DJI decide to support it in the future  as DJI Go 4 developes. I believe there are issues for many running the latest release of Android (V7.xxx Nougat).

"Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II,  LG V20"
2017-7-1
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Australia

I get all that Aardvark.  What I don't get is that it worked fine until today.  I changed nothing in the last few days.  I fly every day.  WTF?
2017-7-1
Use props
Daveb500
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191742 ft
United Kingdom

Tex21 Posted at 2017-7-1 01:32
I get all that Aardvark.  What I don't get is that it worked fine until today.  I changed nothing in the last few days.  I fly every day.  WTF?

to lift the flight restrictions you need to re log in on your go app with your dji user name and password this lifts the default beginner mode.
2017-7-1
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Australia

Daveb500 Posted at 2017-7-1 03:20
to lift the flight restrictions you need to re log in on your go app with your dji user name and password this lifts the default beginner mode.

I've done that several times.  I've logged in and out. Several times.  POS software.
2017-7-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Tex21 Posted at 2017-7-1 05:09
I've done that several times.  I've logged in and out. Several times.  POS software.

What do you say about all the other flyers that have no such problem?
It's going to be harder to fix things if you blame the software when that isn't the problem.
2017-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tex21 Posted at 2017-7-1 00:54

Your device is not limiting your height and distance, if new firmware won't work with your device it won't work full stop. So something else is wrong, so maybe find out what it is by asking appropriate questions and maybe you can get sorted.
2017-7-1
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-1 06:35
What do you say about all the other flyers that have no such problem?
It's going to be harder to fix things if you blame the software when that isn't the problem.

Lucky them.  Mate, sorry, but it is the software.  They don't test it enough between updates.  Example is today's update to 4.1.13 Release notes - "Bug fixes" - WTF is that, some 13 yr old app developer writing the software?
2017-7-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Tex21 Posted at 2017-7-1 07:35
Lucky them.  Mate, sorry, but it is the software.  They don't test it enough between updates.  Example is today's update to 4.1.13 Release notes - "Bug fixes" - WTF is that, some 13 yr old app developer writing the software?

Interesting logic.
2017-7-1
Use props
Choppercam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1839042 ft
United States

i dont use cellular data on my android while flying.  is mobile data required after upgrading the DJI GO 4 app?
2017-7-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansc629d008 Posted at 2017-6-30 15:07
On more than one thread, DJI moderators state that this was intentional and not an error.

Maybe it is and maybe not.
On more than one thread, DJI moderators have proven to be unreliable sources.

2017-7-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Choppercam Posted at 2017-7-1 10:44
i dont use cellular data on my android while flying.  is mobile data required after upgrading the DJI GO 4 app?

No it isn't.  It's never been required.
2017-7-1
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184032 ft
United States

so my question is.  don't update to the new go app ,I'm on iOS... not sure on what to do
2017-7-1
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184032 ft
United States

sorry posted twice  so my question is.  don't update to the new go app ,I'm on iOS... not sure on what to do
2017-7-1
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans24e1faa3 Posted at 2017-6-30 22:16
many bugs... totally unsatisfied with the product. P4P is unusable when these is wind.

Return it and get your money back. My P4Pro "fly's like a boss" in the wind. Smart RTH is an issue, and DJI needs to resolve it for those who still can't use it.
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules