Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EmilioCid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7445200 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Two simple features would be nice (allready in Litchi):

1- negative altitude waypoints.  When take off of a moutain or building it would very usefull to mark waypoints under the HP.  Litchi permits this, but I don´t trust missions setup on the screen, I prefer setu missions on field with DJI GO.

2- reverse waypoints would spare a lot of battery when the first WP is far and la last WP is near to the HP, so I would not need to go back to the first wp, just order to fly in reversed order.

HP  WP3  WP 2  WP1   
2017-6-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Emilio,

What aircraft are you flying?  If you fly a P4 Advanced or Pro, you might be able to use Failsafe Return to Home that will follow the reverse path of the Phantom to return home.  Just a thought.

Hopefully, I can fly tomorrow and I live on a ridge.  I will see if I can use negative waypoints for a flight route.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-1
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-1 06:10
Aloha Emilio,

What aircraft are you flying?  If you fly a P4 Advanced or Pro, you might be able to use Failsafe Return to Home that will follow the reverse path of the Phantom to return home.  Just a thought.

Thanks, but I meant really the Waypoints.  Litchi allows to use negative altitudes and reversed WP, but I don´t trust a mission planned on a map.   I prefer to plan on DJI GO on real location, seeing obstacules and real hights.
2017-7-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

EmilioCid Posted at 2017-7-1 13:01
Thanks, but I meant really the Waypoints.  Litchi allows to use negative altitudes and reversed WP, but I don´t trust a mission planned on a map.   I prefer to plan on DJI GO on real location, seeing obstacules and real hights.

Aloha Emilio,

Your point is well understood.  I was hoping to do the test for you but we just got a serious rain.  Good thing I did not try it just before the rain!  I have a route planned and your problem is very interesting to me.

The P4 series has a redesigned body that works to reduce rain damage and intrusion into the body.  So even if I do try to fly in conditions that may lead to rain, I can get home fast and dry out my Phantom.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-1
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-1 17:08
Aloha Emilio,

Your point is well understood.  I was hoping to do the test for you but we just got a serious rain.  Good thing I did not try it just before the rain!  I have a route planned and your problem is very interesting to me.

Thanks !
2017-7-1
Use props
northbaydrones
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone used litchi waypoints indoors? I want to fly inside a restaurant starting outside
2017-7-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Emilio,

Well the DJI GO 4 waypoints mode do not allow negative waypoints.  I tried repeatedly and got nowhere.  The only way to get negative waypoints, that I have not tried yet, is to fly to the lowest point and land (and shut off the motors).  Then with the restart, a new Home Point will be set and waypoints should be possible from there because they will be positive.

I will try this two ways.  The way I just described is one and doing a restart from higher up and then coming back to my normal flying area is another, and safer, one.  If I can set negative waypoints like that then there may be another option.  I already have landing pads set higher up so this will also be the easier test.  

I will get back to you later on this.  Always like another excuse for a new test!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

northbaydrones Posted at 2017-7-2 10:49
Has anyone used litchi waypoints indoors? I want to fly inside a restaurant starting outside

Aloha northbay,

From what I know, Litchi is GPS dependent so, unless you can get GPS/GLONASS indoors, it may be a no-go.  Some places can get GPS/GLONASS indoors, so you may want to test the reception first.

What ever you do, set your RTH to HOVER!  You do not want to fly up into the ceiling.  

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Emilio,

This is going to take a little bit more work.  I have not tried Waypoints for a few months now and today I had some interesting results.  My thoughts of using different launch spots did work.  If I launched below my control area, the lower waypoints would record and launching above my control area would not record waypoints when my level operational area was used.  I had so many warnings though, that a simple waypoints mission would not save.

I will have to try a few standard and non-stressed waypoints missions to see if they will record and save.  Today was very interesting but I have no saved routes to show for my effort.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Emilio,

Well, that was an interesting experiment.  Since my P4 Pro would not do waypoints, my friend tried the idea with his P3 Advanced.  

He was able to get the waypoints recorded when he landed and restarted at the bottom of the gulch but while he was standing up on the house level.  All recorded and flew just like designed.  But, when he did a restart from up on the house level and tried the same saved waypoints mission, the waypoints were all at an altitude equal to the difference between the gulch bottom and the house level.  Interesting.

Hope this helps!  I will be trying my P4 Pro with this waypoints problem when I get a chance.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-4
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

northbaydrones Posted at 2017-7-2 10:49

I suggest you to take off the props and carry the drone. I use mine a lot to film indoors.No risk at all.
2017-7-5
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-4 23:11
Aloha Emilio,

Well, that was an interesting experiment.  Since my P4 Pro would not do waypoints, my friend tried the idea with his P3 Advanced.  

It seems that the last two versions of DJI GO 4 doesn´t allow to upload the WP to the drone.  I´m waiting a fix for this bug.  

If I understood well your experience (because my poor english), it´s possible to land on lower level, restart motors and  mark waypoints at this hight.  But not on upper level.  Is it so ?

thanks

Emilio
Brazil
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules