Naza M v2 - Quadcopter turns on the right
3942 10 2015-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moisoiumircea
lvl.1

Romania

Hello,
Yesterday my Naza m V2 just arrived and i was excited so after the assambly i coudln't wait to get outside and test it, but for some reason the drone keeps going to the right, can someone tell me what could be the cause, or where i could start the research to fix it.

And is there a way i can start the drone slower and not after 50% throthle to go straight to 70% and go to right and crack the propellers?

As a configuration i have
4 x emax cf 2822 1200kv
4 x Esc xxhd with simonik firmware
1 x naza m v2
1 x battery 30C 5000 mah
1 x turnigy 9x (with stock receiver) and flashed with 9xr
And the frame is Hobbyking X580

Hope someone can guide me because i really want to make it hover. Thanks !
2015-3-17
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

What have you done in terms of setup?
Most common cause in my experience is flight controller is not level or needs a IMU calibration.
But on a new setup motor issues, escs. Props etc. Could be issues.  I would advise check motor ESC connections for right order. Check mottot rotation, prop direction. Check IMU is mounted OK and do IMU calibration.
2015-3-18
Use props
moisoiumircea
lvl.1

Romania

Hi Joe,

Just way the changes in time zone hehe (at me it's 16.14 ) I've checked the prop and motor direction (before naza i had a openpilot cc3d) the IMU it's centered, i will do again another calibration but outside this time maybe in this way will go better.

I will do and come back with how i did and if i did some progress and some pics.

Thanks !
2015-3-18
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

I use the OPCC3D on miniquads.  It is great for sport flying.
Check the RC input calibration as well.  Could be the neutral points are not calibrated.
The indicators in the Assistant should be green at center point.
Make sure you start up in Attitude/Normal mode with No IOC so any GPS/compass issues are not affecting the copter.
2015-3-18
Use props
moisoiumircea
lvl.1

Romania

Hello Joe, today i reassembled my drone because on the last flight the drone almost kill me and a friend (hehe joking, joking), I've attached some pics of it on how i assembled and pics on how the settings look, please tell me if they are ok, tommorrow i hope with some luck i will take a shot of the solar eclipse hehe if everything it's going well.

2015-3-19
Use props
moisoiumircea
lvl.1

Romania

So, today i have tested the quadcopter and it still pulls on right side, i broke 2 propellers and i got a bit injured because of the piece of one propeller.

Where/what should i check ? I ordered 2 motors emax cf 2822 because they are not balanced (they got hit on the last flight with CC3D when i lost sign of sight and stopped the motors)

Edit:

Is there a way i can set manually the middle of the Eleron in the application ? or is there a way or someone has a Turnigy 9X with 9xr firmware that can hlep me calibrate the eleron ?

2015-3-20
Use props
zyrex40
New

United States

I noticed that the arrow on your compass/GPS ant. is turned to the left of forward. If you fly in the new York  area or NE of there it would be fine.  also make sure all your motors turn freely.
2015-4-18
Use props
Edhomes
New

Canada

I am having some issues as well with my Phantom 1.1.1 that I just got.  First 5 flights no problem.  Had a low level encounter with  a shrub and went through the NAZA M v2 procedure, IMU calibration, motor check, etc.  Everything checks out when I power up, compass calibration okay, drone hovers okay, little drift, as soon as I rotate to the left it becomes very difficult to control.  I was going to try "default settings" in the tools tab of the NAZA software. Any thoughts?
2015-5-27
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

My buddy clipped a tree and his f450 fell 30 feet to the concrete, things broke of course but after he replaced all the broken parts it would tilt slightly to the right and it tilted farther left than right which was real noticeable with the speed the f450 moved at when the aileron stick was all the way left vs right, and the only thing we found to fix the issue was to reset naza, we reset all the defaults and reset all the settings, and calibrated all the sticks and It flew fine..  We tried everything and nothing fixed the issue until we reset naza.  Then it was fine. So somehow the fall knocked naza on his a$$. Lol. So resetting naza can help some issues.. Especially if naza was aboard when a crash happened, from my experience anyway...
2015-5-30
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I take it the problem is solved?
2015-6-17
Use props
moisoiumircea
lvl.1

Spain

Sorry for the long long long (really long) delay, I went to USA with a college program and there I found a ton of cheap things (more or less) and I bought me all the components for a HEXA.

The problem was solved yes, and the problem it seems that it was from my remote control
2015-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules