Camera gimbal not responding
4513 8 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Barunaba
New
United States

Hi, I've had my Spark for a few days, and on my first or second flight I had a "gimbal overload warning" or something like that. The camera was behaving strangely and wouldn't move properly, sometimes pointing up suddenly or quickly pointing down. However, after a firmware update I flew it again another day and it seemed to work fine, so I thought it was fixed.
Yesterday evening I took it out for a flight and the camera wouldn't move at all. It does not respond to the dial on the controller, neither will it respond to gimbal commands directly in the app. It is as if the gimbal motors are entirely deactivated. I performed a compass calibration and IMU calibration, with no effect. I have not crashed it and I've been very careful while transporting it.

I'm about to fly out of the country on Tuesday and was hoping to take my new drone. Please help, if anyone has suggestions on how to fix this. Thank you!
2017-7-1
Use props
fansa4f21b96
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12267 ft
Germany

See solution in this thread http://forum.dji.com/thread-101378-1-1.html
2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear that the gimbal cannot be controlled properly.
Would you please export the flight data when it did not respond the commands so we can check it?
Please download the Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website page, then connect drone to PC, run Assistant 2, click "Data Upload" in the left side, then confirm, choose the log showing the situation, save it to local, then upload it to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks. F.png
F2.png
2017-7-4
Use props
benjaminhoong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25095 ft
Singapore

I have the same 'Gimbal Motor Overload' error. I just unboxed the Spark today and don't even get to fly it... I cannot seem to control the up/down movement of the camera.
2017-7-4
Use props
h2oking
New

Hong Kong

I have the same 'Gimbal Motor Overload' error.  Can anyone help ??
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

benjaminhoong Posted at 2017-7-4 23:38
I have the same 'Gimbal Motor Overload' error. I just unboxed the Spark today and don't even get to fly it... I cannot seem to control the up/down movement of the camera.

Sorry about that, if the error persists after restarting aircraft for several times, it needs to be sent in.
Please provide us the data for analysis if convenient as the instructions above, thanks.
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

h2oking Posted at 2017-7-5 00:43
I have the same 'Gimbal Motor Overload' error.  Can anyone help ??

Just to verify, it never crashed, right?
Could you please help me export the data needed as I mentioned above so we can get it analyzed? Thank you in advance.
2017-7-5
Use props
benjaminhoong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25095 ft
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-5 05:38
Just to verify, it never crashed, right?
Could you please help me export the data needed as I mentioned above so we can get it analyzed? Thank you in advance.

If it is constantly "Gimbal Motor Overload", which log do I upload? All or just one?
2017-7-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

benjaminhoong Posted at 2017-7-8 01:54
If it is constantly "Gimbal Motor Overload", which log do I upload? All or just one?

In that case, we need two files, one is from black box, another one is the flight log.
Please refer to the screenshot I attached above, click on "Black box", save it to local.
Then click on "Upload data--Confirm", choose the correct log showing the situation you mentioned, save it to local.
At last, please upload them to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks.
Besides, the drone needs to be sent in if the error keeps popping up, you can contact our tech support to get a case number: http://www.dji.com/support/product
2017-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules