32mb Sdcard
1130 18 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Can I replace the 8 with a 32 SDcard, #2 do I have to have a copy of the current FW on the new SDcard?
#3 what else should I know about or do to the new SDcard replacement.
Thanks
Clint
2017-7-1
Use props
DroneGuy96
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8127 ft
Canada

Hi Clint,
2017-7-1
Use props
DroneGuy96
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8127 ft
Canada

Hi Clint,  

You can change the sd card to a 32gb, As far as i know it is plug and play so you should not have to copy any  files from your old sd card to your new one. Keep in mind that any videos you have on your 8gb card will not  be on your new one so make sure to save the data from your old card if you plan on no longer using it.  (I recomend you keep the 8gb as a spare with u in case your other card fails.)
Have A Great Day!   

Cory

2017-7-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Once you've updated firmware, there is no need to keep the firmware files on the SD card - their job is done.
2017-7-1
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Thanks for the input, I would imagine I have to format the 32 first, do I do tha in my computer or with the goapp ( if that's possible and how).
2017-7-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-7-1 21:49
Thanks for the input, I would imagine I have to format the 32 first, do I do tha in my computer or with the goapp ( if that's possible and how).

In fact the best p[lace is to format it in the Go App because itv knows what format to use. You select the camera menu on the right of screen, then select the wrench icon and it is under that.
2017-7-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-7-1 21:49

Format in the app or on your computer - wherever is convenient.
It makes no difference.
2017-7-1
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

I bought the exact same SD card (SanDisk) that came in mine but a 64GB and literally just popped it in. Didn't have to format or anything else. Works great.
2017-7-2
Use props
Drushgavnush
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I use 64 Gb sd card from Samsung no need for firmware  to be on it I formatted mine in the gimbal via app and all good . Just be careful of sd card fakes I spent a weekend getting some awesome footage  of my son on his birthday gokarting on a private track only to find the card had retained nothing nada zip.
Thought it was because I'm new to my p3p however after using a programme I found for testing sd cards that it was a complete,fake ,I've now learned the hard way ,don't make the same mistake ,there are so many fake cards out there .Bless Andy T
2017-7-2
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-1 21:23
Once you've updated firmware, there is no need to keep the firmware files on the SD card - their job is done.

Leaving the .bin file on the card allows subsequent battery updates if you have multiple batteries. Does no harm to leave.
2017-7-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Exactly as Stuka says .... having the FW file on the card means any new battery etc will be automatically updated without need to download FW again.

There is no need to format a card when first bought ... but you may wish to remove the junk files on it they usually have from manufacturer ....

Formatting on PC / Mac is no different than doing it in the camera ... as long as you use FAT32 .... some people use EXFAT ... but that's just them. Never use 64bit or NTFS formatting.

Seems that each facet of these machines generates myths .....

Nigel
2017-7-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2017-7-3 23:12
Exactly as Stuka says .... having the FW file on the card means any new battery etc will be automatically updated without need to download FW again.

There is no need to format a card when first bought ... but you may wish to remove the junk files on it they usually have from manufacturer ....

I always advise to format in the aircraft using the Go app, because it knows what format to use. Doing it in a PC or Mac requires the person to know which format is correct, and some don't have a clue.
2017-7-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-3 23:24
I always advise to format in the aircraft using the Go app, because it knows what format to use. Doing it in a PC or Mac requires the person to know which format is correct, and some don't have a clue.

Fair comment ... but I am not only one who says clearly what format to use and in fact I actually clearly indicate what format NOT to use ...

But each to their own. Personally I avoid powering up AC unnecessarily when I can use 'better tools' ....

Nigel
2017-7-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

stuka75 Posted at 2017-7-3 20:02
Leaving the .bin file on the card allows subsequent battery updates if you have multiple batteries. Does no harm to leave.

But since DJI rarely release battery updates, and users rarely buy extra batteries, for most users, almost all of the time, there's no point leaving the .bin file on the SD card.

And since you'd want to format your SD card after copying the images to your computer after each flight, it would be a total waste of time putting the .bin file back  just to not be used.
2017-7-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2017-7-3 23:12

"Seems that each facet of these machines generates myths ..... "

Including this myth about leaving the .bin file on the SD card.
2017-7-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Very funny ...

Formatting of the card every time ?? You serious ?

I format my card only occasionally just to ensure that the card is 'defragged' ... blimey that word brings back memories. In fact it doesn't 'defrag' but that's beside the point.

I really do not understand this absolute conviction to REMOVE THE BIN file ... MUST FORMAT the card ...

I don't give a rats whether people leave the bin file on or not - I gave MY reason why I leave it on.

I don't give a rats whether people format their cards or not - I gave MY reason why I think it unnecessary to do it every time.

If I was to format my card EVERY time I transfer videos - I'd be doing this nearly every day or so !!
I have Hatcams, DigiCam, VidCams, this P3S ... all with SD cards ... if I formatted every time ??? WOW !!

Each person has their own way and that's good ...

Nigel
2017-7-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2017-7-4 02:27
Very funny ...

Formatting of the card every time ?? You serious ?

'If I was to format my card EVERY time I transfer videos - I'd be doing this nearly every day or so !!
I have Hatcams, DigiCam, VidCams, this P3S ... all with SD cards ... if I formatted every time ??? WOW !!'

Those other cameras probably don't generate the masses of useless hidden files that the Phantoms put on the card. And by now we are well aware of how smart you are, no need to keep reminding us.

A lot of people on here are not that smart, and simple methods can solve problems for them.
2017-7-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Fair enough ..

Having repeatedly Unhidden all files on my cards .. I smile ... because the "masses of useless hidden files that the Phantoms put on the card" is just statement and nothing more ...

If the card was being filled up with such "masses of useless hidden files that the Phantoms put on the card" - I would not disagree ...

And c'mon - enough of the smart-alec comments about smart ... no need for such sarcastic **** ...

You don't agree with me - that's fine. I don't agree with things either, but I don't lose sleep over it or make 'smart' comments.

Nigel
2017-7-4
Use props
Rayden21fr
lvl.1

France

32go sa passe et en scandisk de preference
2017-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules