Mavic Pro IMU needs calibrating while over lake?
737 5 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans18e408a6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50922 ft
United States

I'm a noob and it's my first drone.  IMU needs calibrating while 2nd flight over same lake in different location came up.  I have done the calibrations and have not seen this until today.  Is there something I missed besides turning off the vision sensor for over water flight or is it just software buggy?
2017-7-2
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I have done the calibrations and have not seen this until today.

So you had already calibrated your IMU but received a message during your second flight saying it needed calibration? In general you shouldn't perform any calibration unless asked to by the app, though at this point performing yet another IMU calibration seems like the right thing to do. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you're performing it on a very level surface, but if the problem persists after that you may want to contact DJI about it.
2017-7-2
Use props
fans18e408a6
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-2 13:05
I have done the calibrations and have not seen this until today.

So you had already calibrated your IMU but received a message during your second flight saying it needed calibration? In general you shouldn't perform any calibration unless asked to by the app, though at this point performing yet another IMU calibration seems like the right thing to do. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you're performing it on a very level surface, but if the problem persists after that you may want to contact DJI about it.

Would the inconsistent firmware message have anything to do with this?  I missed the part about new batteries need firmware updating.  After relaunch though the imu message did not come up.  I just let it fix the firmware message so I guess I will see what happens now.
2017-7-2
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans18e408a6 Posted at 2017-7-2 13:14
Would the inconsistent firmware message have anything to do with this?  I missed the part about new batteries need firmware updating.  After relaunch though the imu message did not come up.  I just let it fix the firmware message so I guess I will see what happens now.

Would the inconsistent firmware message have anything to do with this?

I wouldn't guess so, but I suppose it's possible. In any case, I'd recommend flying cautiously for a while and try to keep it in areas where you're more likely to be able to recover the aircraft in case something goes seriously wrong during flight; in other words, I'd avoid flying over water for a while.
2017-7-2
Use props
Drone Hammer
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-2 13:17
Would the inconsistent firmware message have anything to do with this?

I wouldn't guess so, but I suppose it's possible. In any case, I'd recommend flying cautiously for a while and try to keep it in areas where you're more likely to be able to recover the aircraft in case something goes seriously wrong during flight; in other words, I'd avoid flying over water for a while.

I'm going to launch it this evening and try to catch the sunset and see if that was the issue.  Thanks!
2017-7-2
Use props
Drone Hammer
lvl.1
United States

Drone Hammer Posted at 2017-7-2 13:18
I'm going to launch it this evening and try to catch the sunset and see if that was the issue.  Thanks!

Looks like that was the issue.  Yay!  Now to figure out sunset invisible obstacle in the way. I am guessing that night and low light requires sensors off.
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules