Dronie quickshot for Spark not gaining altitude
2363 25 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5f334c6d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153566 ft
United Kingdom

Dronie was going to be my favourite quickshot using my Spark, however after trying it a few times I noticed that it flew backwards without gaining any altitude. A quick look around revealed there were a few others having the same issue.
Has anyone found a fix for this?
2017-7-3
Use props
Blackforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33140 ft
United Kingdom

I tried it out at the weekend. All the times it never gained height. just went straight back. id be interested to find out a fix
2017-7-3
Use props
Tony Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196870 ft
United Kingdom

same happens to me
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi All, would you please export the flight log and data from black box so we can get it analyzed?
Please download the latest Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website, install it, then connect the drone to PC, run Assistant 2, you can get the file step by step, upload it to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks.
Firstly, click on "Black Box", save it to local.
Then click on "Data Upload"--"Confirm", choose the log which showing the situation for that moment, and save it to local.
2017-7-5
Use props
J.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 172562 ft
United States

Same problem here using iPhone 6s and RC.
2017-7-13
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

Iphone 7+ and RC and the same problem...this is documented all over this forum DJI. Please do not pretend like it is an isolated issue.
2017-7-13
Use props
Interloper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251824 ft
United Kingdom

I'm really surprised at the length of time it has taken for this to be resolved. A massive issue that has prevented the USP being part of the experience. Thought DJI would have corrected this by now.
2017-7-13
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-7-13 07:17
Iphone 7+ and RC and the same problem...this is documented all over this forum DJI. Please do not pretend like it is an isolated issue.

Agree, same issue for all of us, it would appear.  Glides back, doesn't gain any altitude.  Needs to be fixed in a firmware update, IMO.  

Take any Spark off the shelf and test it...helix mode still goofy also, doesn't circle around close enough, etc.  Just sift through the dozens of posts on here...
2017-7-13
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-5 03:41
Hi All, would you please export the flight log and data from black box so we can get it analyzed?
Please download the latest Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website, install it, then connect the drone to PC, run Assistant 2, you can get the file step by step, upload it to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks.

If I knew I was going to be a DJI Spark Beta Tester I would have asked for a discount on the product.

I paid full price. Make it do 100% of what you have advertised it could do. Its that simple.

If you wanna offer me a partial refund - than sure Ill upload all the flight data you want. Heck I'll even go run tests for you, but short of that. No.
2017-7-13
Use props
J.G
lvl.3
United States

The lack of response from DJI annoys me.
2017-7-13
Use props
CliffordL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294619 ft
United States

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-7-13 07:17

YES!  What they said!
2017-7-13
Use props
CliffordL
lvl.1
United States

Exact same issue with iphone 7+ and RC.  Helix also goes 1/4 circle then drifts off into space
2017-7-13
Use props
CliffordL
lvl.1
United States

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-7-13 09:32
If I knew I was going to be a DJI Spark Beta Tester I would have asked for a discount on the product.

I paid full price. Make it do 100% of what you have advertised it could do. Its that simple.

nice - I like this guy.

Could not agree more.  Same issues with iPhone 7+ and RC.  Flat dronie and half-moon helix

Get it fixed.  My guess is that they all are doing it.
2017-7-13
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
United States

CliffordL Posted at 2017-7-13 12:46
nice - I like this guy.

Could not agree more.  Same issues with iPhone 7+ and RC.  Flat dronie and half-moon helix

why thank you sir. I mean yes the spark is a cheaper "pro" drone. I have much more expensive ones..but the point is it is not like we spent $40 on this thing. we paid good money for a feature set that is 1/2 baked. Asking us for flight logs and stuff is just a stall tactic and a waste of time...
2017-7-13
Use props
CliffordL
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-5 03:41

This looks like a common problem.  Is there a fix in the works for the software?  I have the exact same issue with iphone 7+ and RC also without RC.  Dronie goes flat backwards with zero elevation.  Helix begins slow 1/4 circle with minimal rise and then drifts backwards in straight line after a few seconds.

Circle and Rocket work fine.

thanks

clf
2017-7-13
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

Mine as well doesn't gain altitude - just flies backward
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi All.
I feel very sorry for any inconvenience caused, for the situation you reported that it does not gain altitude in Dronie mode, we have checked all the data you provided.
Actually speaking, it does work, we do suggest you to takeoff the drone and fly it at least 2 meters above the ground then enter to Dronie mode.
Besides, it will be optimized with the next firmware version.
Truly appreciate your patience!
2017-7-13
Use props
J.G
lvl.3
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-13 18:56
Hi All.
I feel very sorry for any inconvenience caused, for the situation you reported that it does not gain altitude in Dronie mode, we have checked all the data you provided.
Actually speaking, it does work, we do suggest you to takeoff the drone and fly it at least 2 meters above the ground then enter to Dronie mode.

Are you kidding right?

I dont think everyone of us are trying helix or dronie in the incorrect way, this is a software issue.
2017-7-13
Use props
CliffordL
lvl.1
United States

Hi All.

I have personally tried this method and the same situation occurs.  This is a software/firmware issue.
2017-7-14
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
United States

Hi All.

You are kidding right? Take responsibility. Own up to the short coming and tell us the fix is on the way...dont cop out and tell us we are all idiots. Its really not that hard
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

The situation you feedback has been reported to engineers, it will be optimized with the next firmware version, appreciate your patience!
2017-7-15
Use props
fans2046fc7b
New
United States

I tried about 8 times now with different conditions: Change initial height, change distance from me etc. However, it doesn't gain altitude - just flies backward.
I updated the newest firmware which seemingly released today (July 26). I tried with new firmware but no improvement.
Shouldn't this be a simple software change? Please fix this ASAP DJI!

2017-7-26
Use props
Gscann
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47552 ft
United Kingdom

Is anyone else still having this issue?
2017-7-27
Use props
fansfa9c1c91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197 ft
United States

I still have issue with dronie. I commented in another thread.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-106309-1-1.html
2017-7-27
Use props
fans0d5dbb98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302 ft
Australia

I have the same issue with my one months old  spark, Dronie  doesn't gain altitude , Helix just doing  half a circle and then keeps flying back in a straight line and the distance slider doesn't work at all, I sent my spark to DJI and they told me that it needs a new motherboard  at a cost of $370 or that I should use the refresh cover and pay them again.....
2017-8-8
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

Mine works nicely. I had it palm launched, then started dronie, it went back and elevated 8m (26ft) and 45m distance. Then it came back. So cool!
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules