Gimbal Issues - Do I need Full Replacement?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseaea4b06
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277057 ft
United States

I had a minor crash with my Phantom 3 advanced last year and it landed upside down and went full throttle.  The CSC command did not work, so it continued to run full throttle in to the ground until I was able to run to it and manually turn it off.  It burned out 2 of the motors which I replaced and on the first flight after replacement it was working great until I went to land and then I noticed the camera was being weird.  When I landed i noticed the side to side yaw of the gimbal seemed broken.  it kind of moved but not really and it would swing side to side easily when I picked up the drone with it on.   I noticed it did move a little when I pushed it by hand with the drone on but then it would lose it and start swinging again.

So i assume I need a new gimbal or can I repair just the side/side yaw part of the gimbal?  Is it possible its not broken but a cable is loose perhaps?

Thanks much.  I already dumped about $100 in to the drone to fix the motors, etc so it would be great if i could get it running again without spending a fortune.  Thanks

2017-7-5
Use props
fanseaea4b06
lvl.1
United States

anyone?  would love to get this drone working again.  thanks
2017-7-7
Use props
racman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46729 ft
Australia

fanseaea4b06 Posted at 2017-7-7 03:01
anyone?  would love to get this drone working again.  thanks

I have a similar small left / right yaw wobble problem from the same cause!  90% certain it's the yaw arm that needs replacing ($40)...have a look at
2017-7-7
Use props
racman
lvl.4
Australia

Apologies wrong start time...is this what your gimbal is doing?
2017-7-7
Use props
racman
lvl.4
Australia

Looks like links on this forum don't support start time, so watch the previous from the 50 second mark...
2017-7-7
Use props
fanseaea4b06
lvl.1
United States

racman Posted at 2017-7-7 10:59
Apologies wrong start time...is this what your gimbal is doing?
link

YEs, that is exactly my issue.  So I can just get the 1 part then?  i will check a video on how to do the repair to see if i can handle it i guess.
2017-7-7
Use props
fanseaea4b06
lvl.1
United States

racman Posted at 2017-7-7 11:02
Looks like links on this forum don't support start time, so watch the previous from the 50 second mark...

While this is my issue, i think my issue is not the arm.  my arm looks perfect, the replacement arms is just the single piece, what about the motor?  I assume my issue is the motor for the arm is broken???
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules