931 3 2017-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb8455202
New
Flight distance : 107641 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,

I've just been on a job where it's been a bit embarassing because I couldn't fly my P4p+. I was on location, and accidentally logged out of my profile on the P4p+ screen (I pressed 'exit' instead of the back arrow to go back to main screen).

It then wouldn't allow me to use the drone without logging in. But I was on location, so had no internet.

I then asked the person there if I could use thei internet, hey presto! No.

In a definite design flaw (unless I'm missing something?), you can't login until you have a internet connection, but you can't login to find another internet connection until you're logged in (make sense?). There's no way of getting a 'new' internet connection.

I presume I'll have to go home where I'm hoping it'll automatically connect to my home network and I'll be able to login.

Anyone else had this? Is this not a seriously bad software fault? Is there any way to get around it?

Thanks,
Nicol

2017-7-5
Use props
Nicol J Craig
New
Flight distance : 107641 ft
United Kingdom

UPDATE:

If this happens to anyone else, you can press the button on the side of the monitor and swipe the screen down (from the top of the screen, like an iphone) and you'll be able to get into the wifi settings there. It's not immediately intuitive, but glad I've found it for next time!
2017-7-5
Use props
Hymster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1012100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicol J Craig Posted at 2017-7-5 13:00
UPDATE:

If this happens to anyone else, you can press the button on the side of the monitor and swipe the screen down (from the top of the screen, like an iphone) and you'll be able to get into the wifi settings there. It's not immediately intuitive, but glad I've found it for next time!

Yep was just gonna reply that answer to the original post. Pretty much same as android phones but not as easy to swipe down on always.
2017-7-5
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Nicol J Craig Posted at 2017-7-5 13:00
UPDATE:

And cross your fingers that a visible wifi is near ....
I have not figured out how to connect to a hidden one, even not one that the device already knows and have credentials for. :-(
2017-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules