new forum member & checklist
1598 14 2015-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Been a Lurker here for a while while I waited for my Inspire 1 to arrive.
Ive got so much info from this forum so big thanks to you all.

I hope I can contribute as I learn more.

I have put together a full single operator check list which you may find of interest if I can work out how to attach to a post.
SEE BELOW

cheers

Mark Candlin
2015-3-18
Use props
mark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Here is my checklist feel free to use and modify if you want, let me know if Ive missed anything and I will amend.

Designed for A4 size

Mark C

INSPIRE 1 Checklist by Mark Candlin.pdf

357.03 KB, Down times: 136

checklist

2015-3-18
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

About to order my Inspire and been looking for something like this.  Thanks!
2015-3-18
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

Welcome and Excellent list.  However as others have suggested elsewhere, it may be a good idea to do the compass calibration before you mount the props, in case of an accidental motor start.

Cheers.

Jason
2015-3-18
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

mark@surreysign Posted at 2015-3-18 23:56
Here is my checklist feel free to use and modify if you want, let me know if Ive missed anything and ...

Good job and welcome to the forum.
2015-3-18
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

mark@surreysign Posted at 2015-3-18 23:56
Here is my checklist feel free to use and modify if you want, let me know if Ive missed anything and ...

Good job and welcome to the forum.
2015-3-18
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Nice work Mark...Looks like you put a lot of thought and effort into it. Very professional. I will integrate it into my checklist with the only change to max altitude. In Canada it is 300ft not 400...

Many thanks for the effort and sharing.
2015-3-18
Use props
mark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Welcome and Excellent list.  However as others have suggested elsewhere, it may be a good idea to do the compass calibration before you mount the props, in case of an accidental motor start.

Jason, Seems sensible, noted and will amend and repost
2015-3-18
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Jason, no need to do that. There has never been a reported instance of a rogue prop chop during calibration. If you are concerned about it, it is possible to hold the aircraft in such a fashion as to not put body parts in harms way. Furthermore, if you do the calibration as is suggested, each time you turn the aircraft on, you will be consuming a great deal of time with the aircraft idling away while you prop it, which by the way you will be doing with the aircraft powered up? Unless you turn the aircraft off... Which leaves you open to a lost calibration. Myself personally, I leave er running props on and ready to rock, carefully knuckle on to the frame from the underside with the intent of staying out of the ginsu path of the props, do the dance... Throw it on the mat and let er rip. Haven't lost any parts yet!
2015-3-18
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Thanks for the checklist Mark. Just printed one out, this will be going into my case for my next flight.
2015-3-19
Use props
mark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Version 1.1 attached, shows to use caution of props when calibrating compass. Jason has a good point about safety but as Dangair points out it would mean shutting down again and possibly losing calibration. As long as the pilot knows to use caution I think its ok.

INSPIRE 1 Checklist by Mark Candlin V1.1.pdf

357.07 KB, Down times: 46

2015-3-19
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7962966 ft
United States

mark@surreysign Posted at 2015-3-20 00:04
Version 1.1 attached, shows to use caution of props when calibrating compass. Jason has a good point ...

add stop recording before power down
2015-3-19
Use props
Back to One
lvl.1

Hong Kong

i  am no idea now . cause dji already have a quick start guide.
2015-3-19
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

Nicely done. Thank you for sharing it with us Mark.
2015-3-20
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work on the checklist!  Like it .... thank you for sharing
2015-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now