2509 4 2017-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jfnz
New
Flight distance : 66138 ft
New Zealand

Hey

Is anyone else having issues using a Google Pixel and the Spark Remote Control?

Whenever I connect to the "Spark-RC" WiFi SSID and open the app I hit "Enter Device":

screen1

screen1

I'm immediately redirected back to the Android system WiFi menu:

screen2

screen2

To which it (ironically) confirms it's connected.
I can confirm this does not occur with my Huawei P9 Lite or Samsung J5 using the exact some process (i.e. it's not user error) - it's purely just a Google Pixel thing as far as I can tell. I haven't dug too far in to it yet, was hoping someone may have come across the same issue.

I'm assuming there may be some sort of WiFi helper in the latest version Android that doesn't quite like that it's not given a gateway with it's DHCP assignment, though that shouldn't be an issue - communication with the RC should work directly then any Internet traffic should use 4G as the gateway.

2017-7-5
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

The problem is your phone is connected to celular data and as you can see WiFi Is showing that there is no internet connection you should get prompt with a question do you want to use this connection event it has no internet connection. To do so you would have to disable data plan and it should work.It's just that your phone thinks it's smarter and to sustain internet connection it don't uses the WiFi
2017-7-6
Use props
Boah99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

I had a very similar issue pixel xl on the android O beta. When you connect to the the wifi with no internet there is a popup stating there is no internet. You need to hit yes or continue on that popup and then the connection will be finalized. It is the connectivity services or similar that is basically trying to help you find working wifi.

That said I find it much more stable to use a OTG cable and connect via usb to the RC.
2017-7-6
Use props
Boah99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

Note the pop comes up immediately on connecting to the RC or SPARK. Deal with it then and tell it to remember your answer.
2017-7-6
Use props
GarethDPhillips
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79816 ft
United States

This issue persists for me with the Google Pixel and the Spark. In fact it appears that it isnt possible to connect to any network which doesnt provide internet access. It reports as "connected" but there is no traffic passed to that network, as in the case of the Spark, the app never connects. The pop-up which used to give you the opportunity of connecting anyhow no longer appears. Is this a bug?

The only workaround is to disable mobile data, which then presumably gives the handset no choice but to allow traffic to the connected WiFi network.

Ive had a good google search, but all I find are unrelated results about resolving WiFi connectivity issues. This issue feels much more specific, and may be Pixel / vanilla android devices only.

Is this a bug in android, because this is incredibly unhelpful. There are lots of scenarios where I would want to connect to a network which doesn't provide WiFi., and turning off mobile data causes other issues. There is no toggle or option to turn off this behavior either.
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules