Phantom 4 Pro going crazy
1085 8 2017-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GKMAF
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello all,
When I went flying, it seemed like a ghost took over the controls of the P4 Pro. All of a sudden the controller couldn't control it any more. The first time this happened my friend was flying and he thought he was influencing it. I thought nothing of it until it happened to me. The drone flew on it's own in dangerous curves (luckily there were no big obstacles or people around. I had to force the P4Pro to a controlled crash.
How can I prevent this? Could it be that the software needs updating?
Thanks,
Birgit
2017-7-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Flying curves rather than straight lines is usually a sign of compass/magentic issues.
It could be the local flying environment or your compass calibration.
What can you say about where/when you calibrated the compass or where you were flying?

The recorded flight data is very useful for investigating incidents.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of what happened.

2017-7-5
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I agree with Labroids, it would likely be a something influencing the compasses. Its unlikely that a compass calibration issue would effect both compasses but I suppose it could. Its more likely that some kind of magnetic interference is effecting both compasses, Were there any errors? The flight log would certainly be helpful as previously posted.
2017-7-5
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Def a compass issue.. If you ever see it doing that again, put it in ATTI mode and fly it manually back to you (provided you have enabled the other flight modes)..
2017-7-6
Use props
GKMAF
lvl.1
Switzerland

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-5 22:13
Flying curves rather than straight lines is usually a sign of compass/magentic issues.
It could be the local flying environment or your compass calibration.
What can you say about where/when you calibrated the compass or where you were flying?

Thanks for the tip - will check into this.
2017-7-7
Use props
GKMAF
lvl.1
Switzerland

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-5 23:42
I agree with Labroids, it would likely be a something influencing the compasses. Its unlikely that a compass calibration issue would effect both compasses but I suppose it could. Its more likely that some kind of magnetic interference is effecting both compasses, Were there any errors? The flight log would certainly be helpful as previously posted.

Thanks! I'll check this.
2017-7-7
Use props
GKMAF
lvl.1
Switzerland

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-7-6 05:22
Def a compass issue.. If you ever see it doing that again, put it in ATTI mode and fly it manually back to you (provided you have enabled the other flight modes)..

Good idea! Will look into this as well.
2017-7-7
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your friend might have influencing it if his RC was within 20 feet of yours.
2017-7-7
Use props
fans080bf831
New
United Kingdom

what is dji playing at ??spent hours on chat they did know server was off it came back on monday 3 july p4 still not ok downloaded firm ware 3 timmes now dji chat told me today that the server is not up to speed but they are working on it !!!!
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules