735 8 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

With all the negative issues being presented with regards to the recent SW and FW updates, is there anyone who were successful (?) and maintained their range, performance and dependability as before the update?

2017-7-6
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't done a range test but, so far everything except my live video feed is working well after the most recent update. To clarify, my feed is still constant but the preview quality has been degraded when compared to flying with previous versions of the software/firmware. SD card footage is still beautiful though.
2017-7-6
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

My p4 says its current and I know its not. I even manually checked for an update, "no update available. The current version of firmware is 01.02.0602. Im running go4 version 4.1.3 . The remote is 1.8.0 and app data is 01.00.01.04. Anybody know what the deal is?
2017-7-6
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes - I updated the P4Pro firmware to 01.04.0602 a month ago and, more recently, updated the DJI GO 4 app to 4.1.3 without any installation issues.  I have performed detailed testing of the P4Pro after both updates with my results - mostly excellent - reported in the following post.  I do note several bugs in the revised DJI GO 4 app.

I got good, reliable performance with the following mobile devices: iPad Pro 10.5", iPad Air 2 (in MANUAL HD mode) and the Samsung Galaxy S8+ phone. My iPad mini 3, unfortunately, no longer provides useable live video in either AUTO or MANUAL HD channel mode due to the CPU being overloaded (according to warning message displayed on DJI GO 4 app).  I have flown numerous flights out to 15,000 to 20,000 feet max. distance with stable, high-quality video throughout the flight since the early June firmware update.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-102866-1-1.html
2017-7-6
Use props
fans935d9a96
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1623212 ft
United Kingdom

I'm getting maximum altitude and maximum distance warnings at 30m height and 40 m distance sporadically and irrespective of number of satellites showing. The P4P puts the brakes on and won't go any further irrespective of switching to A mode.  Sometimes it clears if I come back in and land and re-start the aircraft and base unit. Not sure yet whether this occurs more with certain batteries than others (got 6). I've got the P4P plus (screen included) and this has only happened since the last upgrade (I also always get 'Strong interference' warnings as well since the upgrade  - and without having to use a phone / ipad  suggests that this is part of a series of software glitches that need ironing out).  Like many other P4P owners my machine is work kit and at the moment, in the middle of filming for a client, this is seriously screwing up work flow.
2017-7-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha JW5255,

My experiences with the latest upgrades and updates were the easiest I have had in my two years with DJI.  Everything is working even better than before the upgrades.  The only problem to come to my attention is Waypoints is not recording the finished mission, even after asking to confirm the RTH altitude.  But, then, I had this brought to my attention and have since learned that this is a recent and ongoing issue.  I am sure DJI is working on it.

BTW, this latest upgrade allows you to take photos without interrupting your video recording.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-6
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177254 ft
United States

I echo the sentiment: My P4P+ is working the best it ever has with all the latest updates applied since I bought it.

My video used to be choppy, even with the P4P hovering right in front of me, that's fixed.  I got some really weird (and scary!) connection losses, and those have not happened again. Connection would get shakier the further I flied out (I'm talking hundreds of feet, not thousands), and that's fixed as well.

So all is much better with the latest versions of everything applied.
2017-7-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes - I successfully upgraded when it was released, and I've had a number of perfect flights since. Video only breaks up where I would reasonably expect it. I've only taken it out as far as 1 Klm so far though.
2017-7-6
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

i wish i could say something positive here. but my latest update turning out to a major disaster. nothing is working properly anymore as it did before.
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules