Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HoverGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220197 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,

Just received my DJI goggles today and connected them to spark via usb cable. Spark will only fly to 98 feet altitude, guess it will not fly any distance as well. This was not an issue when flying with the IPad before.

I do not see any menu items where this can be changed, unlike the DJI go app on the iPad. It seems like it is stuck in beginner mode. Any idea on how to correct this?

The goggles are awesome, much better then fatsharks, cannot wait to fly some distance with them. Will try them with the P3 Prof. soon.
2017-7-7
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using the iPad along with the goggles?
2017-7-7
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-7 15:31
Are you using the iPad along with the goggles?

Using just the goggles plugged into the RC controller. Tried with the iPad connected to the rc controller, no difference. When the goggles are connected, only the goggles controls are active, iPad app is disconnected (even though Wi-Fi shows connected to the rc controller).   
2017-7-7
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Try this. Remove usb connection from your Goggles and RC. Instead connect Spark, RC, iPhone/iPad normally. Use Apple Lightning to Digital AV cable connect between iDevice and Goggles. Switch Goggles video input to HDMI. You will need Type A to Type D HDMI cable because Apple side HDMI is Type A while Goggles is Type D. You may use TV standard HDMI cable and buy type A to type D adapter.
2017-7-8
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

Doing above method, Goggles should no longer limit the range of Spark. Control will restore to rc and Dji Go 4 app. You will have Dji Go 4 screen mirror at Goggles.
2017-7-8
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

OK, tried the apple hdmi adapter. Range no longer limited, of course, because the app is connected to the rc. The issue is now the screen is very small in the center with black bars on the side. It is not full screen video and sucks. The app in the googles cannot make the screen any larger. This is not a goggle issue, flew the goggles with my Phantom 3 prof. this morning and had beautiful full screen video using hdmi, was awesome. Wish I could do this with the Spark as per DJI  video's this was suppose to be possible!
2017-7-8
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

Try zoom function of Goggles.
2017-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now