4K Footage of a Hong Kong countryside
1025 4 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stolz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 783455 ft
Hong Kong

Footage of a recent hike along Hong Kong countryside, around Shing Mun area, showing Jubilee Reservoir, Grassy Hill and Niddle Hill on a foggy day.

Shot at 4K D-Log (-1,-3,-3)

I hope you find it interesting.

2017-7-8
Use props
Mr2MkII
New
United States

Been to Hong Kong and into Shenzhen several times and never realized how much open countryside there was!   
Quite a few nice shots there! From coming up from the beach, to the river overhead pass, and high up with the city in the background!  Too bad it was foggy/misty, but I recall it being that way most of the time.

Where you using any filters on the camera?  
2017-7-8
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice...Looks like there's some cloudiness/gelling on the lower left of some frames.
2017-7-8
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Very cool. Minor critique would be to lower the color saturation a bit.
2017-7-8
Use props
Stolz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 783455 ft
Hong Kong

Thanks for the comments.

@Mr2MkII, no, I was not using any filters and yes, half of the year is foggy here.

@Tviscomi, original footage had a very high dynamic range due to the fog so I exposed to keep details in the sky and the foreground became too dark. I recovered the shadows in post and some parts just look ugly. The low bitrate of the Mavic does not handle well these scenarios.

@dancopter Thanks for the advise. I actually increased the saturation after uploading it to Youtube using its video editor so it has an easy solution. I've dialed it back to the original values. I hope now it looks better.

2017-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules