Camera problem
954 4 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

The camera on my DJI Phantom 3 Standard will no longer lock the micro SD card in place. You can push it in and it will not lock. I've tried blowing it out with compressed air but it still won't let the Micro SD card lock. I'v had this drone for about 6 months but only started to use it in the last 2 or 3 weeks.
Is there a repair for this short of shelling ouyt big bucks for a replacement camera?
Thanks

2017-7-8
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Have you tried a different card to see if maybe the catch on the card is damaged?
2017-7-8
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

WD9EON Posted at 2017-7-8 09:14
Have you tried a different card to see if maybe the catch on the card is damaged?

Yes I have. Any card that will not lock in the P3S will lock in other devices. I also tried different sized cards up to 64 mb. None will lock anymore.
2017-7-8
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Sorry to say this but I have this on various cameras I use ... the stupid design is prone to any card going in not quite straight - destroying the catch or slot. My HD Sport camera actually LOCKED the card IN !! Had to dig it out - which of course ruined the slot and now the camera says NO CARD !!

If the Model is 6 months old - then contact DJI and see what they say ... 6 months should be WITHIN warranty period ..

As last resort :
OK ... you can of course use a strip of tape with a 'bead' to press and hold card into the camera ... tape alone is no good ... it needs something else as well to actually press on the card. Another way is a plastic toothpick cut short to 'lock' the card in ... don't use a wood one - you risk a sliver of wood getting in there.

Basically find a way to 'jam' the card in ... replacement camera is going to cost !!  ... get FIRSTchecking out Warranty !!

Nigel
2017-7-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for this , I would recommend you contact Support and send the drone in for diagnosis and repair, http://www.dji.com/support . The drone will be evaluated after it arrived, it will be covered by warranty if it's product malfunction and within warranty period.
2017-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules