Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

C.Degan Posted at 2017-10-12 04:04
I understand what the repair quote says and it does not make any sense.
Damaged from what ? How can it be damaged ? What does that even mean ?
It is a computer board. Do you know how difficult that would be to damage with no indication of abuse on the unit at all ?

I understand your concern. The damage assessment was based on the unit you offered. For the unit that has been expired, it is not available to repair with free according to DJI's policy, please kindly understand. If you do not want to repair, please let us know and we would arrange return without repair.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

F.KOK Posted at 2017-10-12 11:01
I had the same experience as Punchbuggy although I did all the calibrations. The Beta firmware update .600 went without issues. BUT
1. When flying into the wind the Drone behaves erratic, but not when flying with the wind.
2. When flying sideways it flies steady.

F.KOK, could you refer the my reply in 1532#? We have not received any videos/logs for now. Please refer the tutorial video and export the flight log and take a video of the aircraft performance for further analysis.

2017-10-12
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199662 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-10 20:10
Hi all, we have an update for the unstable flying case for Phantom 4, now the beta firmware is available for it, please kindly leave me with your DJI account if you are interested in it. I'll help to forward the beta to you.
Please send back the feedback after testing the beta, hope this issue can be resolved shortly. Thank you all for your support.

Hi Thor.
I have today just registered as new to the forum as I am having the same issues as everyone else after updating my P4 to the latest firmware. Now very unstable and wobbles around. Almost crashed into some people.
I have followed all the correct steps in updating firmware including RC, Immu Callibration, compass calabration, latest DJIgo 4 app.
I am just not able to use it the way it has been designed to work

I believe the there is now a fix for the unstable Phanton 4 issues which is a beta version.
Can you please send me a copy of the beta version and the steps to correctly update the firmware to this.
Thank you in advance.
Dexcellent
2017-10-12
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199662 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-12 18:44
Well received, thank you! I will forward to our engineers to add you in. Please try to refresh the firmware when you received it.

Hi Susan
I have today just registered as new to the forum as I am having the same issues as everyone else after updating my P4 to the latest firmware. Now very unstable and wobbles around. Almost crashed into some people.
I have followed all the correct steps in updating firmware including RC, Immu Callibration, compass calabration, latest DJIgo 4 app.
I am just not able to use it the way it has been designed to work

I believe the there is now a fix for the unstable Phanton 4 issues which is a beta version.
Can you please send me a copy of the beta version and the steps to correctly update the firmware to this.
Thank you in advance.
Dexcellent
2017-10-12
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149925 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cant believe thete still no big update
And that there are people still using the latest firmware
Just roll back the the older version
And all your problems are gone
No updates for me anymore
2017-10-12
Use props
RICO RAMS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220390 ft
Mexico

I´m a Wedding videographer and producer, i need the BETA.   

Mail:
videoramirez@gmail.com
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dexcellent Posted at 2017-10-12 20:11
Hi Susan

Well received. I will forward to the designated team and add you in. Please try later after you received it.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RICO RAMS Posted at 2017-10-12 21:53
I´m a Wedding videographer and producer, i need the BETA.   

Mail:

Received with thanks! We will add you in, please have a try when you received it. Appreciate your feedback.
2017-10-13
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-12 19:06
F.KOK, could you refer the my reply in 1532#? We have not received any videos/logs for now. Please refer the tutorial video and export the flight log and take a video of the aircraft performance for further analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

Hello Susan thanks for your reply, appreciate it. I will do some more testing and report back as have been asked.
The logs that had been sent in before, are on this forum thread no. 158.
The video that had been sent in on this thread was no. 517.
The Drone on Beta. 0600 behaves like in the video and logs, but not so aggressively. It behaves a lot smoother, but the up and down, slower and faster movements are still there a bit.     
2017-10-13
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
  • >>>
Namibia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-12 13:06
Hi. Did the P4 on .0600 at least do a stable hover for you? I didn't even get past that - it was so erratic I wasn't even game to let it go any further. But as you propose too, I'll reset craft to default and refresh it again before a second try this weekend. Perhaps that'll be better.

Hello PB, the hover was OK but it was a lot more stable on Beta. 200. and .300
I am going to test some more, because I discovered, that sometimes when you fly a lot the Drone works better and better.- " Maybe the bugs get scared and flee, sorry for the joke but it is 99 days today that we and DJI struggles to get some P 4s flying as it is suppose to be.   
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

F.KOK Posted at 2017-10-13 00:40
Hello Susan thanks for your reply, appreciate it. I will do some more testing and report back as have been asked.
The logs that had been sent in before, are on this forum thread no. 158.
The video that had been sent in on this thread was no. 517.

Sorry for confusion. We need the videos and logs with the latest beta firmware for comparison. Please keep us posted of the latest progress. I will appreciate your time. Hopefully we can sort it out smoothly.
2017-10-13
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-13 01:25
Sorry for confusion. We need the videos and logs with the latest beta firmware for comparison. Please keep us posted of the latest progress. I will appreciate your time. Hopefully we can sort it out smoothly.

Hi Susan. I upgraded to .0600 last afternoon, but I will not be able to fly until tomorrow. I will send you the logs and a video as soon as possible.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-10-13 02:16
Hi Susan. I upgraded to .0600 last afternoon, but I will not be able to fly until tomorrow. I will send you the logs and a video as soon as possible.

Noted with thanks! Waiting for your update.
2017-10-13
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
  • >>>
Namibia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-12 19:06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

Hello Susan, here is the flight logs with Beta .0.600
The video will look the same as the one in this forum thread no. 517 but I will sent another one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mlg3o7 ... 3_11-56-47.DAT?dl=0
2017-10-13
Use props
ssokolov
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Threat about beta update is deleted or what ? Why i cant see this topic? What is going on with the beta, flight is ok now or not?
2017-10-13
Use props
Satstream
Second Officer
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

Today tested the new beta FW 0.600. DJI seems to be on the right track. While hovering there is still a slight shake which still needs to be turned off.Return Home is now quiet without strange engine sounds. The landing is still a bit bumpy, but about 2m above the ground quieter! .Sport mode, the P4 is now slower !! Max 46Km / h, why? This was previously a maximum of 79.8Km / h !! I put the files into my Dropbox and send them DJI Susan as PM.
2017-10-13
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I'm still on the last non-beta version and saw the P4 shaking and I can hear the motors throbbing and out of sync as well along with the shaking at hover.  It isn't a smooth sound as prior.  I think this irregular shaking probably off the IMU, and for whatever reason, is also triggering the "High Wind" alert warning even though there is no wind  (There's already too many alert screens for safe flying as it is, like the "Press the right roller for camera control," etc.).

Meanwhile, I'll await a proper firmware update.  Fwiw, I've heard some of this same throbbing out of the Inspire 2 motors as well, along with the more serious problem of the RC shutting partially down and disconnecting from the bird (i.e. RC green LED goes out, and the four whites remain on.), and now I hear from the dealer this is happening with the Cendence RC unit too and they've given you the feedback since they repair also, so I've parked it too.

All this seems firmware related and I just don't trust these things for now.

2017-10-13
Use props
bobwaz44\
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-12 18:44
Well received, thank you! I will forward to our engineers to add you in. Please try to refresh the firmware when you received it.

Susan, thanks for providing access to the beta software.  I'm trying to install it with my Phantom 4 connected directly to my Mac computer using USB.  Using DJI Assistant 2.   When I click on the option to upgrade to V02.00.0600, the software appears to download, but the install fails every time.  Any suggestions to make the installation successful?
2017-10-13
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I have very good results from latest beta 2.00.600 and I'll stay with it for now and keep flying much much better than before, smooth stable in every direction and fast enough in every mode I've tested! Thanks!
2017-10-13
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
  • >>>
Namibia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-13 01:25

Hello Susan, here is the video you asked for.

2017-10-13
Use props
MiguelAngel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25479 ft

Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-13 03:12
Noted with thanks! Waiting for your update.

Hi Susan, please, can you push the beta to my user? malopezn@gmail.com
Thanks in advance
MA
2017-10-13
Use props
bobwaz44\
lvl.2

United States

bobwaz44\@gmail Posted at 2017-10-13 07:31
Susan, thanks for providing access to the beta software.  I'm trying to install it with my Phantom 4 connected directly to my Mac computer using USB.  Using DJI Assistant 2.   When I click on the option to upgrade to V02.00.0600, the software appears to download, but the install fails every time.  Any suggestions to make the installation successful?

An update to my earlier message.  I was never able to get DJI Assistant 2 to complete the update to the new beta firmware.  I was, however, get the update done using the DJI Go app.  The update completed, but now my remote controller will not connect with the aircraft.  It shows one red/pink/purple light and four white lights.  I've tried relinking the remote using the DJI Go app.  When I select the option to link, the app quickly says something about searching for aircraft frequency, and then quickly changes to a screen that says Remote Control Linked.  That's not working so I tried using the C1/C2 record button method.  That doesn't work either.  Any ideas?  My remote control is currently on 1.9.3.
2017-10-13
Use props
ssokolov
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I aslo need this beta, e-mail : svsokolov@abv.bg
2017-10-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bobwaz44\@gmail Posted at 2017-10-13 10:21
An update to my earlier message.  I was never able to get DJI Assistant 2 to complete the update to the new beta firmware.  I was, however, get the update done using the DJI Go app.  The update completed, but now my remote controller will not connect with the aircraft.  It shows one red/pink/purple light and four white lights.  I've tried relinking the remote using the DJI Go app.  When I select the option to link, the app quickly says something about searching for aircraft frequency, and then quickly changes to a screen that says Remote Control Linked.  That's not working so I tried using the C1/C2 record button method.  That doesn't work either.  Any ideas?  My remote control is currently on 1.9.3.

You mentioned C1, C2 & Record to initiate Link, was it as below :-

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller, wait 30 seconds for aircraft to initialise.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep 'D-DD'.
*Let go all fingers, then press the wheel on the right side of the controller (It's a 'click wheel', similar to a mouse wheel) and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds (the button doubles up as LED to left of SD card slot), and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will link soon.
2017-10-13
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

ssokolov Posted at 2017-10-13 04:55
Threat about beta update is deleted or what ? Why i cant see this topic? What is going on with the beta, flight is ok now or not?

Hi,
Yes, DJI delete it.
2017-10-13
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

I’ve installed and flown with Beta .600 a couple of times now and it is much, much better. On the first test flight I kept getting obstical sensing at altitude and my P4 S would stop suddenly. I refreshed the firmware and recalibrated everything and that problem is now gone. There is still some jerkiness in forward flight and descents but minimal. It is enough to trigger the “High Wind Warning”  though.
2017-10-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Icer Posted at 2017-10-13 13:52
Hi,
Yes, DJI delete it.

Is it this thread you're missing?
Not sure why it is placed in the "Video & Photos" forum, think it was better being in the P4 forum to avoid confusions.
2017-10-14
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Does this post help ypu
2017-10-14
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

I also found this thread, not sure that is what you're missing?
2017-10-14
Use props
Moto1981
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4502812 ft
Poland

Hi can I get  Beta firmware  for Pahntom 4   przemo.les@gmail.com
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

F.KOK Posted at 2017-10-13 03:36
Hello Susan, here is the flight logs with Beta .0.600
The video will look the same as the one in this forum thread no. 517 but I will sent another one.

Well received the flight data and video, thank you very much! I have forwarded to our engineers for further review.
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Satstream Posted at 2017-10-13 05:10
Today tested the new beta FW 0.600. DJI seems to be on the right track. While hovering there is still a slight shake which still needs to be turned off.Return Home is now quiet without strange engine sounds. The landing is still a bit bumpy, but about 2m above the ground quieter! .Sport mode, the P4 is now slower !! Max 46Km / h, why? This was previously a maximum of 79.8Km / h !! I put the files into my Dropbox and send them DJI Susan as PM.

Received your message in PM. The data will be transferred to our engineers to look into. We will update as soon as there is any update.
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bobwaz44\@gmail Posted at 2017-10-13 07:31

Just to verify, does the issue appear if refresh the current firmware, instead of the beta? Please confirm.
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Moto1981 Posted at 2017-10-14 08:28
Hi can I get  Beta firmware  for Pahntom 4

Received with thanks! I will forward to the designated team and add you in.
2017-10-14
Use props
MiguelAngel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25479 ft

Spain

MiguelAngel Posted at 2017-10-13 10:03
Hi Susan, please, can you push the beta to my user?
Thanks in advance
MA

Susan please,
can you send the beta to me?
malopezn@gmail.com
thanks
MA
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MiguelAngel Posted at 2017-10-15 01:40
Susan please,
can you send the beta to me?

Received with thanks! I will help you get the permission, please have a try when you received it.
2017-10-15
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
  • >>>
Namibia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-14 18:34
Well received the flight data and video, thank you very much! I have forwarded to our engineers for further review.

Susan thanks for your responses and help on this forum, really appreciate it.
2017-10-15
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-12 18:59
I understand your concern. The damage assessment was based on the unit you offered. For the unit that has been expired, it is not available to repair with free according to DJI's policy, please kindly understand. If you do not want to repair, please let us know and we would arrange return without repair.

Please return without repair. Thank you.
Herbert Degan
2017-10-15
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I sure wish this kind of active beta testing was done before the last version was released. It could have avoided all these issues.
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

F.KOK Posted at 2017-10-15 03:06
Susan thanks for your responses and help on this forum, really appreciate it.

It's my pleasure. Wish we have a great time to work together.  
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules