1286 8 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
holawhatsup
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21286 ft
United States

Hey All,

So I had been having an issue with my spark that many others seem to be having where that spark will link to the RC, fly for about 1-5 minutes, and then disconnect and NOT reconect or be able to re-link to the RC with out a full reset and sometimes a few hours of waiting.

Other people with this issue:

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4

Example 5

So obviously this is not a small "Fluke", this is a big problem that is hardware related. It's harware related because some people are ketting a 1.2 mile range, and its also harware related because the RC that was sent back to me has the same serial number as the RC i sent in, but the spark has a separate serial number meaning they replaced my spark, when on my case, they said they replaced my RC.

We'll see what actually happened and if the problem is fixed when I get home, I'll update you guys when I test it out.
2017-7-8
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48320 ft
United States

I'll be interested to hear how it works. I'm convinced the controller is the faulty item based on my ability to consistently gesture and phone control my Spark while it always disconnects from the RC controller.
2017-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please keep us updated about the flight test. In addition, please leave me with your case number so I can help to check the the damage assessment, thanks in advance.
2017-7-9
Use props
holawhatsup
lvl.1
United States

Hello Mindy!

My case number is: CAS-729122-N0C0Z2

Can you please either post or message me the damage assessment and repair notes?

Thanks!
2017-7-10
Use props
holawhatsup
lvl.1
United States

Hey ALL!

Sending my spark in for repair resulted in DJI replacing the Spark and not the RC. I took it out for a test flight last night in the hot Texas heat and it performed perfectly! Flew 3 batteries and all was well. Mindy, if you could post the repair notes that would be fantastic,
2017-7-12
Use props
nofeer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4485 ft
United States

I have a Spark in for  warranty repair CAS-2117741-B4J9G4. they are telling me that this 5 month old drone is not covered under the warranty due to damage.
im very confused because the spark was never crashed or even landed hard. i flew it on evening and the next morning i got the fast flashing yellow lights. this drone was in pristine condition, not even a scuff mark.
im getting nowhere with the support team and its been 3 weeks. they want to replace the sparks main board and controller main board. why would both boards need replacing if there was crash damage???
seems fishy. im so frustrated and cant get any answers. was this damaged in shipping??  i keep getting the run around and they want $300 to repair it!
has anyone else experienced this? i seem to be at there mercy and no one cares they just want my money and my drone is being held hostage. im so frustrated!
does this look damaged? these pictures are right before i shipped to DJI.

2018-9-18
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

nofeer Posted at 2018-9-18 18:46
I have a Spark in for  warranty repair CAS-2117741-B4J9G4. they are telling me that this 5 month old drone is not covered under the warranty due to damage.
im very confused because the spark was never crashed or even landed hard. i flew it on evening and the next morning i got the fast flashing yellow lights. this drone was in pristine condition, not even a scuff mark.
im getting nowhere with the support team and its been 3 weeks. they want to replace the sparks main board and controller main board. why would both boards need replacing if there was crash damage???

have you sent in all your Flight Records?,, these can prove you did not crash the drone!!!
2018-9-18
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

nofeer Posted at 2018-9-18 18:46
im very confused because the spark was never crashed or even landed hard. i flew it on evening and the next morning i got the fast flashing yellow lights. this drone was in pristine condition, not even a scuff mark.

its a blough !!  Dont give anything to DJI service centers unless u have too. Looks like they dont have any quality trained service personnel.
2018-9-19
Use props
nofeer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4485 ft
United States

Flighty Posted at 2018-9-18 22:08
have you sent in all your Flight Records?,, these can prove you did not crash the drone!!!

Yes i sent everything the requested, they even wanted me to manually download and upload my flight records to them. Which i did 10 days ago and still just crash damage, pay us.
2018-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules