compact case that can take inspire both in travel as well as landing mode
3636 19 2015-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

Just want to share some info with you. I ordered last week a custom case made by Plaber in Italy called INS2730W01.
it is a custom case for the inspire  , with 2 layers of foam , howevere relatively compact measuring 620 x 520 x350 mm height. Bottom layer is supposed to accomodate additional batteries , ipads , cables et, while top layer accomodates the inspire in travel mode, camera, charger, props , 2 batteries and 2 remotes.
I chose this case as internal height is 316 mm and I was hoping  to  find a way to accomodate the inspire also in landing mode with camera fitted on. The idea is to use a 2 layer system to check the inspire in when travelling on plane or for longer trips , and then once in the area of shooting/flying (where I then normally travel for a wek or so on a 4x4 vehicle) remove the one foam layer (store it separately in the vehicle, and keep remote and batteries in another soft bag, keeping  the inspire ready for deployment  (except for props) .Well glad to tell you that by removing both layers of foam, and replacong the original bottom layer with a new one cut out as needed is does fit also in the landing mode !
I atttch some pics I took, showing the originl inspire case next to this one, the original top and bottom foam layer that comes with the case, and the one I made to replace the bottom one to allow the inspire to fir in landing mode !
hope this can give others inspiration...for their inspire!
FullSizeRender[2].jpg
FullSizeRender[5].jpg
FullSizeRender[6].jpg
FullSizeRender7.jpg
IMG_7039.JPG
IMG_7040.JPG
IMG_7041.JPG
IMG_7042.JPG
IMG_7063.JPG
IMG_7070.JPG
IMG_7075.JPG
IMG_7079.JPG
IMG_7081.JPG
2015-3-19
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like it. Makes for quick setup and fly. Nice find.
2015-3-19
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Hi, great set-up but can probably do one better than this:

Picked up my custom  case last week......... It holds the Inspire with props and gimbal attached, makes for a quick turn around on jobs! Also has spaces for 2 tablets and 2 controllers. It also comes with tool box and separate rugedised battery box .........it is a ripper. Will post some pics when I get a chance.
2015-3-19
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

good, please do so.. very curious.
What about overall size ?
2015-3-19
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

Wolfman Posted at 2015-3-20 06:29

Picked up my custom  case last week..... ...

Can you please show us your set up... how much did you spend in total? pictures will be greatly appreciated
2015-3-19
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Australia

Case size is 800 x 500 x 450. It is a comfortable size and easy to move with the telescopic handle out, fits comfortably in my 4WD . Everything fits neatly inside, best part is that the aircraft is ready for action very quickly.

It was such a pain in the you know what with the "Props on........Props off" saga AKA Karate Kid!. I think it also made the Inspire look a little less than what it actually is.  I should get some time over the weekend to post some detailed pics but here is one for the time being:

Until then, safe flying!

inspire case.jpg
2015-3-20
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Wolfman Posted at 2015-3-20 18:43
Case size is 800 x 500 x 450. It is a comfortable size and easy to move with the telescopic handle o ...

Just the job Wolf, can't wait to see some more pics.
2015-3-20
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.2

United States

Case size is 800 x 500 x 450. It is a comfortable size and easy to move with the telescopic handle o ...

thats a great looking setup.  Are these numbers internal or external.  who made the case
2015-3-20
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Australia

Playful Monster Posted at 2015-3-21 06:13
thats a great looking setup.  Are these numbers internal or external.  who made the case

Hi monster, dimensions are OD. ID are of course smaller.

Aircraft is a tight but comfortable fit. Care needed in fitting as there is only a small clearance between props and case. Fastening strap makes sure the aircraft does not move and damage the props. Can find out the case manufacturer, not sure who he sourced it off.

The best thing is that aircraft id ready within 1 minute of opening the case, no more karate kid props on, gimbal on, props off gimbal off.....not to mention the whole travel mode thing!
2015-3-21
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

love it but I don't think they ship to the US do they?
2015-3-21
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

I am not sure .. but their cases are also branded HPRC so you will need to check this out. Please beware that their standard inspire case is in fact designed to take the inspire in travel mode. You need to build your own bottom foam layer (and remove bot factory shipped foam layers) to make it fit in landing mode!
2015-3-21
Use props
flbstudio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wolfman Posted at 2015-3-20 06:29

Picked up my custom  case last week..... ...

have you posted any pictures? I'd love to see it...
2015-3-21
Use props
flbstudio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nevermind....it looks awesome.
2015-3-21
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Australia

scooterlam Posted at 2015-3-22 04:53
love it but I don't think they ship to the US do they?

Hi scooterlam,

they are looking at the feasibility of shipping international including the US. As you can imagine, the shipping  a box of this size is the most expensive part but with the way the Australian dollar is to the US dollar, it might work out. I will post a link for their website soon for orders, it should be next week some time.
2015-3-22
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Australia

flbstudio Posted at 2015-3-22 07:28
Nevermind....it looks awesome.

ftbstudio and all interested,

the case maker has completed the video for the travel case and their website is not far off. Here is the link....

2015-3-23
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

Wolfman Posted at 2015-3-22 17:38
Hi scooterlam,

they are looking at the feasibility of shipping international including the US. As ...

Cool thanks. I googled and found the site where they are sold. Hence how I found out no US shipment.
2015-3-23
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Australia

scooterlam Posted at 2015-3-24 12:45
Cool thanks. I googled and found the site where they are sold. Hence how I found out no US shipmen ...

hi scooterlam,

I know that the manufacturer is looking at international shipping. As far as I know, they are yet to finalise the website for orders. The big issue for international is getting a reasonable price to ship a carton of this size but the USD to AUD puts you in a good position.  Best to contact them directly if you are interested
2015-3-23
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Seems like one you get into a case of that size that it's too unwieldy for backpacking. Why not save yourself a ton of money and just buy a plastic Rubbermaid bin and stick a chunck of plywood on the bottom for fasteners? Your more than likely just gonna take it to and from your car anyway. If you intend to travel and your case might take a beating, I would want a pelican case and most certainly would NOT want the camera connected! It is not designed for impact at all, you will damage the contact strips. You don't need to put batteries and everything in the same box either, especially if your car flying. If on the other hand you are doing a remote location the DJI box on a pack frame is not a bad set up or a pelican case. But really, if your main thing is car to site flying I would do as rc enthusiasts have been doing for years and be creative, save some money for another battery and build one out of a Rubbermaid.
2015-3-24
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Australia

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-25 01:37
Seems like one you get into a case of that size that it's too unwieldy for backpacking. Why not save ...

Hi Dangair, yes, it is definitely not designed for back packing!

Seriously speaking, if you are using the inspire regularly , the everything on / everything off cycle is not fun!
I find my new case more than practicable for daily use and looks great. I think I would be laughed at on pro shoots turning up with my gear in a "Rubbermaid bin with a chunk of plywood in the bottom" The case itself is equal to Pelican specs and everything is strapped down so no chance of movement. IMHO, Taking the gimbal on and of every time will probably produce a greater chance of damaging the contact strips. Life is a trade off though, you cant have a case that is light weight and damage proof  in the same insatnce.
2015-3-25
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just checked the website the case price is $1075!!! i will pass
2015-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now