Video Format Setting
2301 4 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd03bd73a
lvl.1
United States

Is there a place where I can change the video format setting on my Spark from MP4 to MOV?  Does it make a difference when editing if I have Spark video in MP4 and Mavic video in MOV?  Is it better that way so you can tell the difference if you are blending both to make one video clip?
2017-7-9
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It is nearly the same. You can mix them.
Saving your file to either MOV or MP4 would result in the same video if you use the same codec.
2017-7-9
Use props
fansde6211ba
Flight distance : 145325 ft
United Kingdom

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-9 12:08
It is nearly the same. You can mix them.
Saving your file to either MOV or MP4 would result in the same video if you use the same codec.

Does anyone have an answer to the original post. I've looked everywhere in the settings both connected and not and can't see any way of changing the video format from MP4 to MOV.
2017-7-29
Use props
Aerial Ant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1249715 ft
United States

fansde6211ba Posted at 2017-7-29 01:03
Does anyone have an answer to the original post. I've looked everywhere in the settings both connected and not and can't see any way of changing the video format from MP4 to MOV.

I dont' think you can change it, I tried and didn't even see an option to do so. I think the difference is that the mp4 is compatible with windows and MOV is compatible for windows and mac. I'm not entirely sure about that as I'm using windows only.
2017-7-29
Use props
fansde6211ba
Flight distance : 145325 ft
United Kingdom

Aerial Ant Posted at 2017-7-29 07:34
I dont' think you can change it, I tried and didn't even see an option to do so. I think the difference is that the mp4 is compatible with windows and MOV is compatible for windows and mac. I'm not entirely sure about that as I'm using windows only.

Thanks for getting back, I think you're right. Anyway I have now found a way of editing using a combination of GoPro Studio and Dashware so MP4's fine. I'm quite pleased with the results.

2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules