Customer service issue - brand new Phantom 4 Pro - crashed itself
738 6 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2c3cb847
New
Flight distance : 1222497 ft
United States

I don't know what to do and need some help! I will start by stating that I also have a Phantom 4 that I have not had any issues with and have never crashed.

I purchased a new Phantom 4 Pro, unpacaged it and updated all of the firmware. 1st flight I took it out and had it in Active track. It started flying backwards and the sensors picked up a house that was near it but it just kept going closer and ran into it. The beeping on the radio was going nuts the whole time as it got closer, obiously it wasnt working properly. I was able to fly it less than 6 mins. The gimbal broke off as well as bent one of the arms. I synced and reviewed the flight data showing no imput from me at all as it crashed. I then sent it back the same day I purcahed it. I got an invoice a week later to pay for the damage as the invoice said that it was pilot error. I didnt have control at the time and the flight data backs me up on this. I called customer service and spoke with a supervisor. He made me fell a lot better, stayed on the phone for about and hour with him as he looked over my flight data. The then told me that this was deffinitly a warranty issue and appologized about the mixup and that they would get it corrected and repaired and sent out. 3 days later my case still says that I owe money, so I called again and spoke with another superviser whom did not want to talk to me and just said that I did not call them last week. He even put me on mute for a few mins untill I told him that I was recording the conversation for my protection. He imidiatly got back on the line and he changed his tune and he said that they cant even look up the fight data so I didnt call the week before. He said that he could not help me and I need to pay for the repair.

I dont know what to do, $1600 down the drain... I have been flying drones for a few years now and am very comfortable with them, am always very carefull while flying. Never have I crashed any of my DJI products. I know that this was not my fault, but cant talk to anyone at customer service that can actually look into the matter and make this right. I purchased the 4 Pro to have along side my 4 to have the advanced colision avoidance. 1st flight it flys itself into a house... My 4 has never ran into anything while in a flight mode. I really would like a phone call from someone that can look into this issue and that cares about customer service.

Can someone please help me with this?
Case # CAS-754563-M8J2Q2
2017-7-10
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Do you have video? You could have had avoidance shut off, or light was too low.
2017-7-10
Use props
fans2c3cb847
New
United States

It was early afternoon & bright outside. I checked all of the avoidance options to make sure they were on. I know all of these reset after firmware updates. I don’t have video just the flight logs.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience, our data analysis team has double checked the flight log and believes it is a warranty issue, we will have someone to contact you about the details very soon, we appreciate your patience.
2017-7-10
Use props
fans2c3cb847
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-10 18:46
I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience, our data analysis team has double checked the flight log and believes it is a warranty issue, we will have someone to contact you about the details very soon, we appreciate your patience.

Wow. Thank you very much. I appreciate the replay.
2017-7-11
Use props
fans2c3cb847
New
United States

fans2c3cb847 Posted at 2017-7-11 05:20
Wow. Thank you very much. I appreciate the replay.

Just wanted to update on this. DJI has contacted several times and apologized for this issue and said that it will be sent out soon. They could not confirm if it would be a used drone replacement though. He said it should be new. I will update this post as everything unfolds. Hopefully they can get their customer service and technicians to actually care about their jobs.  This should have been quickly resolved.
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans2c3cb847 Posted at 2017-7-11 12:30
Just wanted to update on this. DJI has contacted several times and apologized for this issue and said that it will be sent out soon. They could not confirm if it would be a used drone replacement though. He said it should be new. I will update this post as everything unfolds. Hopefully they can get their customer service and technicians to actually care about their jobs.  This should have been quickly resolved.

We are working hard on improving customer service and repair process, please click 'Reply' directly if you need my assistance, I will try my best to reply the message as soon as possible.
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules