Vision Positioning Sensor?
1556 5 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneItch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 313924 ft
United States

I went out to an open field two days ago to trouble shoot my drone not descending once it got over 35ft. I started turning off sensors and found the “Vision Positioning” sensor was the culprit. Once I turned it off it flew fine, I just couldn’t use tap to fly and other “Intelligent Flight” modes.

I called B&H to see what my options were and they told me they were working with a third-party service company called Gradus Group. I’m thinking I could fly this thing as it is rather than send it to them and maybe never see it again.

I’m just hearing some bad things about repair returns. What are your thoughts? I think I should just send it back and hope for the best.

Vision

Vision

2017-7-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you calibrated the VPS using DJI Assistant 2 as yet ? If not then that may well resolve any anomalies in having VPS enabled.
2017-7-11
Use props
DroneItch
lvl.1
United States

I did do a calibration twice using the DJI assist on the computer. Took it out, got it up to an altitude of 30ft and thought I had it but took it up to just over 40ft and it wouldn't descend, had to turn the sensor off to get it back down.

-Thanks
2017-7-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneItch Posted at 2017-7-11 23:56
I did do a calibration twice using the DJI assist on the computer. Took it out, got it up to an altitude of 30ft and thought I had it but took it up to just over 40ft and it wouldn't descend, had to turn the sensor off to get it back down.

-Thanks

How about a refresh & factory reset of firmware on aircraft using Assistant 2 (perhaps clear any potential corruption there may be in firmware) followed by full calibrations, or an uninstall and re-install of DJI Go 4 (ditto in clearing any potential corruptions).

Edit:- I'm not quite so sure if lower temperature makes any difference now when calibrating IMU on P4 using newer '3D' calibration process, I did mine at room temperature and warm battery (I totally forgot about letting it cool) and all seems to have gone well along with quick IMU 'warm up time' when aircraft initialises on power up.

There are five calibrations on the P4:-

1) Sensors (Using DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.2-2, latest version), usually done just after update on Assistant 2.

2) IMU (level surface, make sure it's had time to cool down if it's been powered up, say half an hour at lowest ambient temperature, a cool evening or air conditioned room below 10 degrees C helps);

3) Gimbal (just after IMU);
4) RC sticks (with aircraft off).
5) And compass (in an open area (not over steel reinforced concrete), away from ferrous materials or electromagnetic interference). Get one good calibration, and that should be all that is needed until informed by system or erratic flying that needs investigation. Note that any ferrous metals very close to legs (steel frame in desk, cutlery in kitchen drawer, windowsill strengthening etc) will generate a 'compass error', this does not mean compass needs recalibration. just move the aircraft away from source of interference.

2017-7-12
Use props
DroneItch
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Aardvark,

I will give it one more shot on the above mentioned and the order.

<---crossed fingers
2017-7-12
Use props
djiuser_CzPj6sknbSwu
lvl.1

Papua New Guinea

Hi There, I'm using P4RTK drone, when I tried to upload the linear flight mision to the drone, the cam stop working and it can't fly. Now the RC is saying firmware not compitable. I update the firmware the RC current verion date is 02.02.0505 and the current air craft version date is 02.02.0503 and it doesn't match. Is the current verion for the air craft correct?
2021-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules