P4P Bundle Battery Charging Hub
963 8 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usera1ba83e4bc
lvl.3
United States

I picked up a P4P bundle from Beach Camera that included an extra battery and a charging hub.  The extra battery is a standard capacity battery and the P4P battery is the high capacity battery.  The charging hub has no instructions and has LED's on each battery slot that are either red or green. http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/ ... te-UM-P4-CHARGERHUB

First off, are these batteries "intelligent" enough to be charged in paralell given they are two different capacities.  
Does this charging hub have built in electronics?
When I put both batteries on the charging hub, they both seem to get recognized but then only the first battery appears to start charging while the other just sits there with no indication that it's charging.  I did not have time to wait to see if they both took a charge so I shut down the charger since I needed to leave the house.

I knew it would be like this before I even got the this thing.  I love DJI's instructions.  Download the DJIgo4 app and watch the video tutorials.  I can't find video tutorials to save my life.  Anyway...seeing how there is a multifunction button on these batteries, how the eff are you supposed to put them on charge?....thank you.
2017-7-12
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

First off there IS an instruction manual for the charging hub.....it can be found with a little digging under downloads, but here is the link.  
They do have instructions available for all their devices.

2017-7-12
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

In answer to your questions.......Yes.......Yes......they only charge one at a time.......put the batteries in the charger, flip the multi-function switch to "charge" and let them charge.
2017-7-12
Use props
usera1ba83e4bc
lvl.3
United States

Hmmm...ok...if you look at the linkin my OP, I evidently have a DJI knock off charging hub.  There is no switch anywhere on the hub.  Perhaps it only has a charging function...but again..no instructions on the knock off.  But I'd be willing to guess that it charges one at a time like you said.  So to charge these batteries, there is no need to press the button on the batteries in any sequence...just plug them in?
2017-7-12
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

"I shut down the charger since I needed to leave the house"  You did the right thing! It is always a bad idea to leave LiPo batteries under charge unattended. It doesn't mean that you should sit there watching them all the time, just be around just in case... Anyway, the batteries in the hub will charge one at a time, starting with the one with more charge left. Also, remember to **NOT** turn on the batteries when you place them in the hub.A for the tutorials, open DJI GO 4, click on the three dots icon in the top right corner, then select "Academy" You will have access to the Flight Simulator, to the Video Academy, to the Flight Tutorials and to the User Manuals (NOTE: It looks like they are not there yet... "Coming soon..."). Or, like I did, go to youtube and search for "DJI P4P" or something similar. Also, go to http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#video
2017-7-12
Use props
usera1ba83e4bc
lvl.3
United States

Ok guys...thanks for the feedback.  I really do appreciate it.

You wanna know what's funny?  I got myself into the RC hobby ~4 or 5? yrs ago with  Phantom with Naza V1 with a gopro swinging underneath..  I quickly realized how much I needed an on board flight camera and started building FPV quads and eventually landed in fixed wing long range stuff.  Here I am again reinventing the wheel I guess or back for more abuse how ever you want to look at it...lol.  What sparked me back in this direction is that I lost a plane in the woods and have been looking for it with one of my gimbal quads and puffing up 5200 4S lipo's after 10 minutes.  But the slow tree top video I was reviewing on the hunt was giving me a hankering to get a nicer rig and the video I've seen coming off of these P4's was pretty impressive.  So I have a decent feel for potential Lipo disaster.     
2017-7-12
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

usera1ba83e4bc Posted at 2017-7-12 04:15

You wanna know what's funny?  I got myself into the RC hobby ~4 or 5? yrs ago with  Phantom with Naza V1 with a gopro swinging underneath..  I quickly realized how much I needed an on board flight camera and started building FPV quads and eventually landed in fixed wing long range stuff.  Here I am again reinventing the wheel I guess or back for more abuse how ever you want to look at it...lol.  What sparked me back in this direction is that I lost a plane in the woods and have been looking for it with one of my gimbal quads and puffing up 5200 4S lipo's after 10 minutes.  But the slow tree top video I was reviewing on the hunt was giving me a hankering to get a nicer rig and the video I've seen coming off of these P4's was pretty impressive.  So I have a decent feel for potential Lipo disaster.

I have the same charger which I use as a portable charger I take with me on shoots. I also have the official DJI charger with the switch that puts the batteries into storage mode. The one without the switch acts exactly as the DJI one when charging in that it will charge the lowest battery first and then the next lowest, doing one at a time. The were no instructions with the knock off so just plug them in and your good to go.
2017-7-12
Use props
usera1ba83e4bc
lvl.3
United States

racer888 Posted at 2017-7-12 04:29
I have the same charger which I use as a portable charger I take with me on shoots. I also have the official DJI charger with the switch that puts the batteries into storage mode. The one without the switch acts exactly as the DJI one when charging in that it will charge the lowest battery first and then the next lowest, doing one at a time. The were no instructions with the knock off so just plug them in and your good to go.

Great...good to hear...thanks.
2017-7-12
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

usera1ba83e4bc Posted at 2017-7-12 04:15

Good Luck....your gonna love the P4.....it's an amazing machine.
Sorry for the confusion .......I did not look at the link, and did not realize it was not a DJI P4 battery charger.

And Just like Antonio76 said......don't leave those batteries unattended when you charge them......but from your experience level I'm sure you already know that.
Safe Flying.   
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules