Firmware update failed
1379 7 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gllssn
New
Czechia

Hello all,

I bought a Phantom 4 a week ago and yesterday evening it was a firmware update available, I follow the process and the update get stuck at 99%.
I wait for about 20 minutes and nothing happen so I shutdown the phantom and the controller wait for a bit and restart both of them.
At this point it show latest firmware installed and asked me to update the controller as well, wish i did.
I don't think that the update of the phantom was install properly because it's beeping all the time and it's impossible to calibrate the IMU it get stuck at the middle as well, I tried 4 times with the same result.

I checked the forum and follow the advice to install the Assistant software to try to downgrade.
There is not such option so I try to reset the phantom = ok, then to refresh the firmware with the assistant, again the process get stuck at the Transmitting part at 0% status, I wait about 1 hour no change at all.
I tried again 3 times and get the same result and the phantom do not stop to beep.

Could you help on that please and way there is no possibility to downgrade from the Assistant?
Any idea on how to fix it please?

Thank you very much in advance for your support.
2017-7-12
Use props
fansda835cd1
lvl.2

United States

I also have the same problem. Now the RC status light is flashing Red and Green really fast ( kinda looks like a hard drive status light on a PC). I also used the DJI go app on IOS. I also tried the DJI assistant 2 program to re download the current FW. According to the assistant program it says is completed. I have also forced RC link to the Aircraft a few times and still can't get the RC to link with the aircraft. When I'm in the DJI GO app the camera is gray and green at times. It's almost like the RC is trying to like up with the aircraft.
2017-7-12
Use props
gllssn
New
Czechia

Hi,

So I managed to upgrade completely the drone with the assistant after several try :-)
I also managed to calibrate the IMU and the compass with no error.

I did not try to fly yet with the new firmware as I am a bit scared now, because when starting the engine the drone start beeping and do not stop, there is no error on the dji app (ready to fly), red light at the front and green flashing light at the back as normal.

What is about? how to stop this beep?

Thanks
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

gllssn Posted at 2017-7-12 21:23
Hi,

So I managed to upgrade completely the drone with the assistant after several try :-)

Could you please post a short video about this issue for better assistance?
2017-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gllssn Posted at 2017-7-12 21:23
Hi,

The beeping will be the Object Avoidance warning sound, you will also see a 'radar' type screen in center of main display showing distance to object. You can test this by turning off Object Avoidance and back on again. The object avoidance will not beep when in an open area and off the ground, it's just doing its job.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansda835cd1 Posted at 2017-7-12 04:11
I also have the same problem. Now the RC status light is flashing Red and Green really fast ( kinda looks like a hard drive status light on a PC). I also used the DJI go app on IOS. I also tried the DJI assistant 2 program to re download the current FW. According to the assistant program it says is completed. I have also forced RC link to the Aircraft a few times and still can't get the RC to link with the aircraft. When I'm in the DJI GO app the camera is gray and green at times. It's almost like the RC is trying to like up with the aircraft.

What is the current firmware version of the RC?  Please try the steps below:
1. Power on the RC;2. Press and hold on the C1 ,C2 and Shutter button at the same time,
3. Power off the RC, then power on the RC again.
4. Then re-link the RC to the drone again.
2017-7-12
Use props
gllssn
New
Czechia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-12 23:37
The beeping will be the Object Avoidance warning sound, you will also see a 'radar' type screen in center of main display showing distance to object. You can test this by turning off Object Avoidance and back on again. The object avoidance will not beep when in an open area and off the ground, it's just doing its job.

Hi,

Thank you for the info, I will check it after work and let you know.
Thanks again.
2017-7-13
Use props
gllssn
New
Czechia

Good morning,

Thank you to all for your time everything seems to work fine now.

2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules