Video Editing
2615 27 2015-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Hello again guys - Lots of good videos are out here and on the internet.  Any recommendations on which one is easy to add audio to the silent movies I've been taking with my P2v+v3?  I know there are a lot out there but any experience on an easy one for PC and MAC?

Thanks
2015-3-20
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Easiest is probably  GoPro Studio  and it is free.  Just ignore the message to import from your cam when you open it.
2015-3-20
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

GoPro Studio is pretty easy, but it won't let you trim clips that are not taken with a GoPro.  Or at least if there is a way I couldn't find it.  I have been using Cyberlink PowerDirector13.  Works pretty good.  A lot like the GoPro Studio, but not free.  
2015-3-20
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

I'm a big Adobe fan for many years.  I always use Premiere Pro for my video editing.  I think you can also use Audition to add audio.  I use Audition exclusively for audio editing, but a few years back they added a lot of video capabilities (that I haven't used).
2015-3-20
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Friffy1.  I'll look into those.
2015-3-20
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

gary.ok@hotmail Posted at 2015-3-21 01:17
GoPro Studio is pretty easy, but it won't let you trim clips that are not taken with a GoPro.  Or at ...

It lets you trim clips.  I did it with movies from Phantom 2 Vision+ v3 no problem.  Full editing, no problems.

Once you import content, when you view there are two buttons that look like brackets.  The left one defines the start point of a 'clip' and the right one defines the 'end' point of a clip.  Once defined you have to 'convert' that.  Follow the tutorial and it will be clear.  Very easy to use.
2015-3-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

GoPro Studio is pretty easy, but it won't let you trim clips that are not taken with a GoPro.  Or at ...

You can trim the video in windows moviemaker, save it then use gopro to do the rest.
2015-3-20
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

nrgwise@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-20 23:09
Easiest is probably  GoPro Studio  and it is free.  Just ignore the message to import from your cam  ...

Free is a nice four letter F word.  Thanks bud
2015-3-20
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

tolanid@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-21 03:38
Free is a nice four letter F word.  Thanks bud

I will take that as a positive.  You are most welcome.  I hope it works for you.
2015-3-20
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Absolutely very positive bud.  I'll give it a shot.
2015-3-20
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

nrgwise@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-20 23:09
Easiest is probably  GoPro Studio  and it is free.  Just ignore the message to import from your cam  ...

Cool.  Downloading it right now   
2015-3-20
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for that Gary.  I used quicktime included in MAC to do the trimming but don't know what else I can do in these.  I usually never had any reason to play with video but now its been fun doing this.
2015-3-20
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

nrgwise@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-21 03:38
It lets you trim clips.  I did it with movies from Phantom 2 Vision+ v3 no problem.  Full editing,  ...

Thanks.  I'll play with that tomorrow since I'm in here with snow anyway
2015-3-20
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

And it is easy to add audio with GoPro Studio.
2015-3-20
Use props
TCMAC
lvl.2
United States

Tolanid,

You can use the free GoPro Studio software to trim, edit and add audio to dJI videos .... You don't need anything else .. Very simple software to use .... And free

2015-3-20
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

http://youtu.be/jYb7OBKP6Qo

Here is an example of the GoPro Studio editing with sound that I did yesterday
2015-3-20
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

oakspi Posted at 2015-3-21 09:40
And it is easy to add audio with GoPro Studio.

Easy is perfect.  Thanks for the response
2015-3-20
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

TCMAC Posted at 2015-3-21 09:42
Tolanid,

You can use the free GoPro Studio software to trim, edit and add audio to dJI videos ....  ...

Thanks TCMAC.  I got it downloaded so will stick to this.  

What kind of soundtracks do you usually add in?  Is there any legality concern that  you guys are aware of?
2015-3-20
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

oakspi Posted at 2015-3-21 09:50
GoPro Studio from 3+ Black Camera video

Here is an example of the GoPro Studio editing with sound t ...

Thanks Oakspi.  What kind of sound do you usually put in and where do you get it from?  Any legality issues if you post it online.  It shouldn't matter if its for your personal use but I wonder if you post it online like FB or Youtube?
2015-3-20
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

tolanid@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-21 09:58
Thanks Oakspi.  What kind of sound do you usually put in and where do you get it from?  Any legali ...

I can't remember exactly where I got it on the internet.  You might want to ask others as I am new to the music thing. That was my second edit of my first video.
2015-3-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

oakspi Posted at 2015-3-21 10:07
I can't remember exactly where I got it on the internet.  You might want to ask others as I am new ...

I get most of my music from you tube videos.
2015-3-20
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-21 10:09
I get most of my music from you tube videos.

Thanks Gerry.  I'm sure GoPro app will allow to strip audio from youtube site.  I'll play with this tomorrow.  Appreciate your help bud
2015-3-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

tolanid@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-21 10:10
Thanks Gerry.  I'm sure GoPro app will allow to strip audio from youtube site.  I'll play with thi ...

I find the music I want and convert it to just save the music to my music folder and then select it to apply to my video.

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

Put the video address in the top line and convert,  Download and save the music.
2015-3-20
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Gerry for your help sir.
2015-3-20
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

I do recall it said "royalty free" on the site
2015-3-20
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Thanks      
2015-3-20
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

Well I went back and tried to clip video with the GoPro studio and it worked fine on the Phantom video.  So I stand corrected.  I'm still partial to the CyberLink prowerdirector though.  Probably because that is what I learned to use.  Nice feature with the software is the director zone.  It's a sharing library for music clips, and transitions, etc.  nice feature.  
2015-3-21
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

In the edit window, under the preview there are two buttons that look like brackets.  The left one marks the clip beginning and the right one marks the clip end for trimming.
2015-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules