How to set up Amazon fire phone for DJI 4
593 4 2017-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eddieoneill
New
Flight distance : 195640 ft
United Kingdom

Find this site hard to navigate so not sure if there is a thread about this but anyway.   I currently use my iphone6 but want to use a 3 year old amazon fire phone instead.  There are supposedly ways to do this but i cant find anything that works.  Anyone help with idiot proof instructions?
2017-7-13
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazon Fire are Android Based - I'm not sure you can find the App in the Amazon App store (unlikely) but you can easily find the latest APK and install it on the phone. Google something like Apk install on Amazon Fire and DJI Go App 4 Apk...
2017-7-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I'd check around more to see how the Fire works as a controller, especially since it's not listed as a supported device. I'm guessing you'll find that the iPhone is a lot more stable. Good luck.
2017-7-13
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's an Android based device and it was pretty powerful. It will work probably better than an older gen supported Iphone.
2017-7-13
Use props
eddieoneill
New
Flight distance : 195640 ft
United Kingdom

Reason I want it to run on Fire phone is that I have charging case on my iphone and its a lot of trouble detaching it every time i want to fly.  The Fire phone has been lying around for a while so thought i'd put it to use.  Amazon run their own hybrid version of  android so it needs set up. I'm trying to get an idiots guide to doing this. I followed a guide on different forum but got lost halfway
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules