1063 10 2015-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
taylor2d2
lvl.1

United States

Hi,
I wanted to post here and see if anyone else has had an issue similar to this:
The red LED on the right front leg of the landing gear of my Inspire one shuts off periodically.  As far as I can tell thats the only issue, and it doesn't seem to be affecting anything else.  But for over $3k I expect this thing to work 100%.  as of now it's off about 30% of the time.  DJI support told me to either send it in to them (6 weeks without my drone isn't going to work for my shooting schedule) or return it (amazon) for a replacement.
Just curious if anyone else has seen this issue or if there are any ideas what may be causing it?
thanks!
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Willing to bet you have a loose connection on your hands. Not a big deal to take the side cover off and check it. Just don't over tighten the screws when re-assembling it.
2015-3-20
Use props
taylor2d2
lvl.1

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-3-21 01:42
Willing to bet you have a loose connection on your hands. Not a big deal to take the side cover off  ...

That sounds like a relatively easy fix, but would that void any warranty?
2015-3-20
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Yes, it would. They have contractually stated that. And if yours is like mine there is anti tamper tape on some of the critical components.
2015-3-20
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

But really, if you can't do without your copter for work, you need to do the math on the cost of down time. It may make sense to have another quad. Yes that's big bucks but redundancy is king in business.
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

taylor2d2@gmail Posted at 2015-3-21 02:08
That sounds like a relatively easy fix, but would that void any warranty?

I don't see why it would?
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-21 02:18
Yes, it would. They have contractually stated that. And if yours is like mine there is anti tamper t ...

No anti-tamper tape on mine. Also DJI has posted a maintenance manual that instructs you to check specific parts and re-torque screws, nuts and bolts.
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-21 02:18
Yes, it would. They have contractually stated that. And if yours is like mine there is anti tamper t ...

No anti-tamper tape on mine. Also DJI has posted a maintenance manual that instructs you to check specific parts and re-torque screws, nuts and bolts.
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You can find the manual under downloads on the DJI Web site for the Inspire. They suggest either sending it back or if you are comfortable with the process do it yourself every 50 hours of flight time.
2015-3-20
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Yes that's correct Rodger, but some stuff is not intended for the public to fix, it looks to me that the landing gear has six screws and there does not appear to be any tamper tape on them. The connections should be accessible there. The other end is another story, I will have a look and see. Rodger, have a look at the underside of the arm Union where the seam that screwed together is. As you may see, while they do intend for the user to check the screw tightening but clearly they do NOT want the union parted. If you do, it will void the warranty. I see no such tape on the landing gear or anywhere else for that matter. I wonder why the Union is so off limits?
2015-3-20
Use props
taylor2d2
lvl.1

United States

Interesting, will check for loose connections on the landing gear, if that doesn't do it, I'll probably end up returning it... One loose connection could be indicative of other problems down the road.
2015-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules