DJI P4 pro firmware updates ?
2716 19 2017-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc91cf1e0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2398 ft
United States

I am having an issue of trying to link my P4P+ with a standard GL300C remote.  
I would like to update the firmware on the standard remote but when I go to the P4 downloads there
are not any firmware updates. I only see downloads for manuals, DJI Assistant, etc.  No firmware.

Would someone know where the magical place DJI stores firmware updates ?  This is the link I went to:
http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info?site=brandsite&from=insite_search#downloads

Any help would be appreciated. thanks
2017-7-15
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

Can you not update it through the DJI Go 4 app with just the RC connected?
2017-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

The main issue is that you cannot use the GL300C with a P4P+ (the " + " just means that the controller that came with the P4P Aircraft is the RC with the inbuilt screen, and it is called  GL300E). In other words, with a P4P aircraft you can only use a GL300E or a GL 300F  remote.
Also, your link to P4P firmware was wrong. it should be  

http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
and there under  FIRMWARE you can get the firmware for the remote controller and the instructions for loading it in the controller. But only a GL300E...
2017-7-15
Use props
siemko
New
Spain

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-15 04:58
The main issue is that you cannot use the GL300C with a P4P+ (the " + " just means that the controller that came with the P4P Aircraft is the RC with the inbuilt screen, and it is called  GL300E). In other words, with a P4P aircraft you can only use a GL300E or a GL 300F  remote.

Hi. A week ago I bought the new phantom 4 pro and one additional battery. After updating to the newest firmware I was constantly getting notification about battery error but I was able to fly the aircraft anyway. The battery error notification was on red only for the short amount of time during the flight and always got it back. Both batteries has the same problem. I tried many times to download the newest firmware and update the aircraft from the app and the DJI assistant 2 - the controller and the app also. I was also downgrading to the manufacture settings. Now the system says "can't take off" battery communication error. Whats worse now I can't even update the aircraft because the assistant says "the battery should have at least 50% of power"..... Can anybody help me with this?
2017-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

siemko Posted at 2017-7-15 09:22
Hi. A week ago I bought the new phantom 4 pro and one additional battery. After updating to the newest firmware I was constantly getting notification about battery error but I was able to fly the aircraft anyway. The battery error notification was on red only for the short amount of time during the flight and always got it back. Both batteries has the same problem. I tried many times to download the newest firmware and update the aircraft from the app and the DJI assistant 2 - the controller and the app also. I was also downgrading to the manufacture settings. Now the system says "can't take off" battery communication error. Whats worse now I can't even update the aircraft because the assistant says "the battery should have at least 50% of power"..... Can anybody help me with this?

I suppose you are using fully charged batteries, with all 4 LEDs lighted up. So it can be a malfunction of the batteries, Personally I doubt it is an error of the software... Have you updated the batteries after updating the software? Also, have you checked the information you can get from the main menu by clicking on the flight battery logo? Take a screenshot of each page (there are two) for each battery as they are now (after a charge) and then do the battery update, then take news screenshots of the batteries info.
contact DJI assistance  and explain the problem and send them the screenshots.  If the problem persists, contact DJI service and tell them the problem and send them the screenshots.
2017-7-15
Use props
fansc91cf1e0
lvl.1
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-15 04:58

Thank you for your input Antonio but I spoke with DJI tech support and was told that the GL300C is compatible with any P4P.   If you look at DJI's store the standard remote is a GL300C.
I am waiting for tech support to get back to me. I spoke with them a day ago.
2017-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

fansc91cf1e0 Posted at 2017-7-15 09:59
Thank you for your input Antonio but I spoke with DJI tech support and was told that the GL300C is compatible with any P4P.   If you look at DJI's store the standard remote is a GL300C.
I am waiting for tech support to get back to me. I spoke with them a day ago.

Of course I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the GL300C does 2.4 Ghz only, NO 5.8 GHz. The P4P uses both frequencies to get better video signal in certain circumstances, so what would be the utility of a remote with one frequency only?
2017-7-15
Use props
siemko
New
Poland

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-15 09:36
I suppose you are using fully charged batteries, with all 4 LEDs lighted up. So it can be a malfunction of the batteries, Personally I doubt it is an error of the software... Have you updated the batteries after updating the software? Also, have you checked the information you can get from the main menu by clicking on the flight battery logo? Take a screenshot of each page (there are two) for each battery as they are now (after a charge) and then do the battery update, then take news screenshots of the batteries info.
contact DJI assistance  and explain the problem and send them the screenshots.  If the problem persists, contact DJI service and tell them the problem and send them the screenshots.

Hi. Thx for the reply Antonio. Yes they are fully charged. One of them was updated for sure. The Aircraft battery site  in the DJI GO 4 app menu shows N/A in every place if this is what you meant. But what is interesting on the main screen I can see 87%....One more thing:

App Ver. 4.1.3
Aircraft Ver. 01.04.0602
Remote Controller Ver. 01.04.01.00

Are they ok?

2017-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

siemko Posted at 2017-7-15 10:13
Hi. Thx for the reply Antonio. Yes they are fully charged. One of them was updated for sure. The Aircraft battery site  in the DJI GO 4 app menu shows N/A in every place if this is what you meant. But what is interesting on the main screen I can see 87%....One more thing:

App Ver. 4.1.3

The firmware and DJI GO 4 app are ok, latest release for all. But the Aircraft battery shows N/A because when you check the aircraf† and remote must be ON... otherwise it cannot show the data. OR.... maybe THIS is the problem... If all was ON, then there is a problem, where I don't know... SO, something else you can tell the DJI goys.
The screen should look like this:
IMG_0026.jpg
2017-7-15
Use props
fansc91cf1e0
lvl.1
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-15 10:09
Of course I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the GL300C does 2.4 Ghz only, NO 5.8 GHz. The P4P uses both frequencies to get better video signal in certain circumstances, so what would be the utility of a remote with one frequency only?

You are probably correct. You know as well as anyone that you will get a different answer from each support "tech." at DJI you contact so the information is iffy at best.  I assumed that the remote had the 5.8 also. It doesn't.  This is not the one I need then.  I have been researching what I can find on the  net and it looks like the F version is the one.  Why am I doing this?  The remote with integrated display locks me down to the DJI Go app. This app does not have the waypoint capability that Litchi has in addition to having all my flying regulated by this software. Height, distance, geo fencing...  I want to bypass "big brother".  thanks again
2017-7-15
Use props
siemko
New
Poland

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-15 10:49
The firmware and DJI GO 4 app are ok, latest release for all. But the Aircraft battery shows N/A because when you check the aircraf† and remote must be ON... otherwise it cannot show the data. OR.... maybe THIS is the problem... If all was ON, then there is a problem, where I don't know... SO, something else you can tell the DJI goys.
The screen should look like this:

Yes I have them turn ON. I don't have any readouts from the battery. There is no communication...From the beginning there was a problem with this drone. It worked for a week with several problems, mainly battery errors but also with vision communication...Think I will be sending it back. It is very big disappointment for me because I am in the middle of two weeks shooting 4000 km from my home....Don't know what to do....
2017-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

fansc91cf1e0 Posted at 2017-7-15 11:14
You are probably correct. You know as well as anyone that you will get a different answer from each support "tech." at DJI you contact so the information is iffy at best.  I assumed that the remote had the 5.8 also. It doesn't.  This is not the one I need then.  I have been researching what I can find on the  net and it looks like the F version is the one.  Why am I doing this?  The remote with integrated display locks me down to the DJI Go app. This app does not have the waypoint capability that Litchi has in addition to having all my flying regulated by this software. Height, distance, geo fencing...  I want to bypass "big brother".  thanks again

You are welcome, and I'm sorry if I gave you bad news... I was tempted, very tempted to get the PLUS version, especially for the very bright screen, but at the last moment I opted for the one to be used with a tablet (I use the iPad 5th gen)  and apart from the darker display I am happy with the screen size and how smootly it works for me. Hope you will find the right RC soon and cheap as possible. Good luck!
2017-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

siemko Posted at 2017-7-15 11:27
Yes I have them turn ON. I don't have any readouts from the battery. There is no communication...From the beginning there was a problem with this drone. It worked for a week with several problems, mainly battery errors but also with vision communication...Think I will be sending it back. It is very big disappointment for me because I am in the middle of two weeks shooting 4000 km from my home....Don't know what to do....

That's a bummer! You are not the only one that has been left high and dry during the vacations :-( . Good luck for a fast solution, then...
2017-7-15
Use props
fansc91cf1e0
lvl.1
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-15 12:01
You are welcome, and I'm sorry if I gave you bad news... I was tempted, very tempted to get the PLUS version, especially for the very bright screen, but at the last moment I opted for the one to be used with a tablet (I use the iPad 5th gen)  and apart from the darker display I am happy with the screen size and how smootly it works for me. Hope you will find the right RC soon and cheap as possible. Good luck!

I have found the correct remote. It is 140 bucks more of course. Too bad I needed to Downgrade my remote to use the apps I prefer with the quad I paid hard earned cash with.  I don't understand why DJI could not bypass the use of the integrated tablet. It is a simple bypass in the software coding.   I really don't like this "Big Brother" approach DJI is taking with geo fencing, etc.  They put out a pretty good product but I will be sure to keep this Communistic approach in the back of my mind on my next purchase.
Thanks for your advise and help.
2017-7-15
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

siemko Posted at 2017-7-15 11:27

Before you send the Drone back which they may replace with a refurbished - maybe you can just fire it up (no props) and let it run long enough to create a log file that can be uploaded to PhantomHelp or HealthyDrones for analysis. Maybe the battery is crap and ONLY it needs replacing? I've seen posts here where DJI personnel used those log files to replace a defective battery that was not communicating properly.

2017-7-15
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

siemko Posted at 2017-7-15 09:22

Siemko, s...t happen to me too, and this is all our fault! Didn't pay enough attention for proper and elaborate equipment check up before departure for vacation trip ... To make sure everything works you should buy your toy at least 2-3 weeks before. Lucky me I have also Inspire 1 Pro and P3P as a backup. Still, it sucks and there's not much you can do away from home, my friend...

See, if you'll go for camping on Mazury instead, the frustration will be not that much of the issue ...
2017-7-15
Use props
siemko
New
Spain

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-7-15 15:09
Siemko, s...t happen to me too, and this is all our fault! Didn't pay enough attention for proper and elaborate equipment check up before departure for vacation trip ... To make sure everything works you should buy your toy at least 2-3 weeks before. Lucky me I have also Inspire 1 Pro and P3P as a backup. Still, it sucks and there's not much you can do away from home, my friend...

See, if you'll go for camping on Mazury instead, the frustration will be not that much of the issue  ...

This is madness....I hope for a little help from DJI support. We are waiting till monday....
2017-7-15
Use props
siemko
New
Poland

Gulfstream Posted at 2017-7-15 13:57
Before you send the Drone back which they may replace with a refurbished - maybe you can just fire it up (no props) and let it run long enough to create a log file that can be uploaded to PhantomHelp or HealthyDrones for analysis. Maybe the battery is crap and ONLY it needs replacing? I've seen posts here where DJI personnel used those log files to replace a defective battery that was not communicating properly.

Hi. After one week of flying with endless battery errors there were not even one notification about this issue in the drone logs....
2017-7-15
Use props
siemko
New
Spain

siemko Posted at 2017-7-15 23:59
Hi. After one week of flying with endless battery errors there were not even one notification about this issue in the drone logs....

Small update. I was able to check my batteries in another Phantom 4 (not pro) - they work fine. Also we tried 3 another batteries (old and new type) in my drone, none of therm worked. We still had the same Battery communication failure... It indicates to the drone failure or whats not very likely the controller....So with whole more week in Spain we'r basicly done with filming with drone on this project....
2017-7-16
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

siemko Posted at 2017-7-16 04:12
Small update. I was able to check my batteries in another Phantom 4 (not pro) - they work fine. Also we tried 3 another batteries (old and new type) in my drone, none of therm worked. We still had the same Battery communication failure... It indicates to the drone failure or whats not very likely the controller....So with whole more week in Spain we'r basicly done with filming with drone on this project....

So there is no communication between any batteries and the DJI GO 4 App running your Aircraft, but no evidence of this -or any battery-related issue- in your aircraft's logs. Batteries though work flawlessly in another drone (with a different RC, I suppose),  which would lead me to believe that the problem lies with the aircraft OR the RC -or both. A way to pinpoint the issue more precisely would be to fly your aircraft with another suitable RC and also to fly another P4P with your own RC, using in both cases the same batteries on either aircraft. I think this would show which is faulty, Aircraft or RC… It may be difficult to organize, with you being on vacation abroad…  Really sorry for it.
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules