857 10 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shaker
lvl.1
United States

Two scary things.....

one---
I purchased my P4pro+ end of December then was bed-bound  with a case of Lyme disease until 4 weeks ago doing only simulator flying.  So I didn't get to fly until about two weeks  ago.  I noticed right away the P4 was squeaking as it flew.  I figured it was a new machine n maybe this was normal and will go away,  But it didn't.  It flies along squeking merrily all the time.

Here's the question.  Is this normal...? Should I be scared to fly it...?  Is it a lubrication thing...?

two---
So I purchased two more Phantom4pro batteries about a week ago from Best Buy.  One of the batteries sizzles softly sometimes when it is charging.  Since the other two batteries don't sizzle, I became suspicioius.  Whenever it sizzles I unplug it .... wait ... then plug it back in and it doesn't sizzle then.

So .... should I be scared of this battery exploding?  should I fly with it?  should I return it?  who to....? Best Buy or DJI...?

2017-7-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Post an audio recording, or short video, demonstrating the issue. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Did you get any reminder on the app? Could you provide a video of this two sounds for a better confirmation?
2017-7-16
Use props
Shaker
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for writing.  I will try today to get a video/sound recording of the squeak.  

one of the three batteries has that occasional (soft) sizzle sound.  I will try to get a sound recording of that too.

thank you
2017-7-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shaker Posted at 2017-7-17 01:55
Thank you for writing.  I will try today to get a video/sound recording of the squeak.  

one of the three batteries has that occasional (soft) sizzle sound.  I will try to get a sound recording of that too.

I wouldn't be overly concerned, they do have a bit of a high pitched whistle/squeaky noise. I believe it's quite common. My P4 is now about 16 Months old and has given no problems.

The soft 'sizzle', is that the charger or battery making noise ?
2017-7-17
Use props
Shaker
lvl.1
United States

the soft sizzle is the battery
i've charged one of the 3 batteries
but it wasn't the sizzler
i'll charge the other 2 as i use them today n tomorrow
2017-7-17
Use props
djiuser_7zcCJE7
lvl.2
United States

Shaker Posted at 2017-7-17 07:37
the soft sizzle is the battery
i've charged one of the 3 batteries
but it wasn't the sizzler

Send the sizzler back. Why risk it?
2017-7-17
Use props
Shaker
lvl.1
United States

So .... I have a video of the Squeaky Phantom ready to post.  But .... I've looked in the rules n regulations and can not find
how to post a video here...?
Do I do a direct upload to here...?
or do I upload it to YouTube or a site like that and then link it...?
any advise....?

Shaker
2017-7-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shaker Posted at 2017-7-17 07:54
So .... I have a video of the Squeaky Phantom ready to post.  But .... I've looked in the rules n regulations and can not find
how to post a video here...?
Do I do a direct upload to here...?

"or do I upload it to YouTube or a site like that and then link it...?"

Yes you need to use a host server and then post link here. When you're in edit mode, click on 'advanced' tab, then click on 'movie' (video camera icon) and paste your link from host.
2017-7-17
Use props
Shaker
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-17 02:07
I wouldn't be overly concerned, they do have a bit of a high pitched whistle/squeaky noise. I believe it's quite common. My P4 is now about 16 Months old and has given no problems.

The soft 'sizzle', is that the charger or battery making noise ?

Thank you for sharing that.  I feel a little better.  I had suspected that that might be the case....?  but ... to be safe ... I will post the squeaky video here as soon as i get to an adequate wifi connection
2017-7-17
Use props
Shaker
lvl.1
United States

Okay ... here goes ... the video is on YouTube
I hope I execute this upload procedure correctly
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules