GSP Causing Control Malfunction
1099 3 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SilkyMilky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7070 ft
United States

Twice now, I've had Ground Station Pro give me a good scare with two near-flyaways.  The first occured with a Phantom 4 Pro a few weeks ago, and the second time today with our M600.  Both occured shortly after take off at an altitude of around 100ft or so.  Once both aircraft got up to around that height, they began drifting left at an accelerating rate that could not be effectively countered.  It was particularly concerning because even after flipping the P-A-F switch, the aircraft remained affected, and full manual control was not returned.  Only after I was able to increase altitude to a safe height, I had to kill GSP and switch to DJI GO to bring the aircraft home safely.  Once DJI Go was activated the drift stopped and I was able to resume full control.  Thankfully neither aircraft crashed, but we'd hate to have that happen in the future.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Are there any ways to prevent it from happening again?  

2017-7-17
Use props
Beard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28871 ft

United States

Silky Milky-Yes, we have as well. Please see link below. We have submitted everything that DJI (Amos) requested except for the log files because they were overwritten by later flights. We have not yet received a response from him.  M600-GS Pro-Loss of Control
2017-7-17
Use props
SilkyMilky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7070 ft
United States

Thanks for the response.  Good to hear you had a near miss rather than a major crash as well.  That's interesting that your aircraft began to malfunction later on in the flight.  That kind of makes me thing that it's not related to the flight controller and rather the app is to blame.  Would love to hear if DJI has anything to say about it.
2017-7-17
Use props
Beard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28871 ft

United States

I suspect it is the app as well. We also have issues with the data transmitting prior to taking off. Most times we have to close GS Pro, turn the controller off, and restart both in order for the waypoints to transmit. Do you also have this issue?
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules