Distance restriction with New dji Goggles
7283 22 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans468dfa1c
New
Flight distance : 4255 ft
United States

Just received dji goggles and for some reason it restricts me from flying very far at all?  When i hook my tablet up to remote i can fly all over my 80 acre farm not sure what the difference is?  Any help would be appreciated
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Did you get any tips on the screen of the Goggles?
2017-7-17
Use props
Kmelx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 211870 ft
United Kingdom

You need to plug a phone or tablet signed into the DJI Go APP and get the drone to go fly before every goggles flight, to remove the beginner mode flight restriction which is limiting your flights, then you can unplug the tablet and plug in the goggles and fly it as normal without the beginner mode restrictions.

It's a consequence of DJI's last firmware update which means you have to be signed in to the app to use the drone out of beginner mode, unfortunately or perhaps fortunately given how unstable the GO APP can be, the goggles do not seem to run the full app or if it does it doesn't lift the flight restriction, so the drone is stuck in beginner mode if you don't connect something which is signed into the app first.
2017-7-17
Use props
KBeamer
New
United States

Kmelx Posted at 2017-7-17 23:13
You need to plug a phone or tablet signed into the DJI Go APP and get the drone to go fly before every goggles flight, to remove the beginner mode flight restriction which is limiting your flights, then you can unplug the tablet and plug in the goggles and fly it as normal without the beginner mode restrictions.

It's a consequence of DJI's last firmware update which means you have to be signed in to the app to use the drone out of beginner mode, unfortunately or perhaps fortunately given how unstable the GO APP can be, the goggles do not seem to run the full app or if it does it doesn't lift the flight restriction, so the drone is stuck in beginner mode if you don't connect something which is signed into the app first.

Thats going to be really annoying but ill give it a try tonight.  Thanks  for ur help.
2017-7-18
Use props
KBeamer
New
United States

Worked great thanks again
2017-7-18
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

DJI really need to wake up on these annoying "features" they forcing users to do. they are ruining the experience every time i want fly somewhere with some nonsense requirements. log in, restart, update, motors locked... i miss the good ol times where i started my P3 and just fly!
2017-7-18
Use props
tpd
New
Flight distance : 6985 ft
Chile

Hello I lived the same problem. I founded , that, every Fly, you must conect the Dji go , with your phone or tablet. Because I need to check, something ??
2017-8-2
Use props
tpd
New
Flight distance : 6985 ft
Chile

tpd Posted at 2017-8-2 09:20
Hello I lived the same problem. I founded , that, every Fly, you must conect the Dji go , with your phone or tablet. Because I need to check, something ??

The other problema, I do not find in the screen of the goggles.  The quality of the VIDEO, when you are flying. and this is very important when you are far. Qulity of video and Radio signal.
2017-8-2
Use props
RXH007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334190 ft
United States

I have also noticed the poor video quality of the video feed. I just bought the HDMI module but not fitted it yet to see if that improves the quality.
2017-8-7
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I understand this issue and why it is happening and what must be done to make things work.

However, besides all the problems of FW updates etc.  I am most bothered by this recent change.  It means many added burdens to the end user if they wish to operate their own property in a responsible way yet in a way that they choose.  I have seen many questions asked about this requirement but no official answers for them.  Such as, what if I'm out in a wilderness area far from any WI-FI or cell signal, will my aircraft be limited simply because it can't call home (BTW whose home, my property stays at my home not DJI's home).  I am continuing to assume that the reason DJI decided to take this drastic step is due to liability concerns, but I feel that a reason such as that is a stretch.  There may be several other reasons for it; I will avoid opening that can of worms, as it is only speculation.

What would be tremendously good is if DJI rethought this requirement and came up with a way for folks to either opt out or apply a check mark accepting full liability for any actions they take when using their bought and paid for property.  DJI must find some kind of happy balance between their need for control and our right to use our property freely.  Just as importantly, a way for all of these great products to start working easily with each other without having to jump through our spandex buttholes to make it happen…hopefully, I’m not asking for too much.

I’ll step off my soapbox now…thank you for your indulgence.  

2017-8-7
Use props
Mike Vargas
lvl.1

United States

KBeamer Posted at 2017-7-18 20:35
Worked great thanks again

with the mavic you dont have to plug in.  I was trying to do it with out the plug in part and screen on goggles was locked on to last view from phone. Dont know if it was related and didnt have time to investigate. This needs to be fixed. wasting valuable air time trying to figure it out
2018-1-22
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Got the same issue this weekend, but the weird thing is that I was actually logged in the DJI GO app. Is there any sequence I need to follow switching up the devices? Thank you
2018-1-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All i do is take off with dji go 4 and then unplug the usb and plug it in to the goggles and i am ok to go
2018-1-22
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-22 02:46
All i do is take off with dji go 4 and then unplug the usb and plug it in to the goggles and i am ok to go

I use the Plus version of the P4Pro, so I'm not able to unplug the usb. It's like it's always plugged in.
2018-1-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you turn of the tablet from the controller?
2018-1-22
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-22 06:20
Can you turn of the tablet from the controller?

Nope, in the plus version the device is integrated with the RC. When you switch on the RC, you switch on the device, with no possibility to switch the device only off.
2018-1-22
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Don't know about the + version, but on the regular P4P, regrettably the only real fix for this at the moment is going back to an earlier firmware before the one DJI crippled with this restriction. Do a search for "digdat 0" on Youtube for more information about how to do this, all you need is a windows PC. That's the only way currently available to fly a P4P with the goggles free of the broken tablet/smart phone and login thing.  After that, just never use a tablet again, unless you need to change a setting not available in the goggles' software.

There's really no other way.

The problem with the extra module with the HDMI output is, it's another $100, you have to DIY the installation, risking your transmitter, and the video quality is poorer with more latency. Not a good use of time and money.

It's unknown if DJI is going to ever fix this (perhaps by updating the goggles to act like the required tablet/GO 4), but my expectation is near 100% that it never will be. So I wouldn't wait on it.....
2018-1-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is there a firmware history page anywhere, perhaps a user made one as that would show more information?
2018-1-22
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-22 21:02
Is there a firmware history page anywhere, perhaps a user made one as that would show more information?

No not really, you can look in the release notes of both the Phantom and DJI Assistant 2 but like i pointed out in this old thread it is a total mess.

What you want is to use versions from pre June 2017 for both AC, RC and possibly App.
AC v. 1.3.0509 is working great, for the +RC v. 1.1.3.0 (app 4.0.4) can do. Don't know about the regular RC and Apps.
2018-1-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-22 23:24
No not really, you can look in the release notes of both the Phantom and DJI Assistant 2 but like i pointed out in this old thread it is a total mess.

What you want is to use versions from pre June 2017 for both AC, RC and possibly App.

Cheers chap, appreciate it not sure what to do atm as at the minute, i am able to go further than i have ever been able to, i dont know if this is because of fw .301 or what? i have also changed my language on the tablets to usa and i now get more options for the frequencies etc...
2018-1-23
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-23 01:43
Cheers chap, appreciate it  not sure what to do atm as at the minute, i am able to go further than i have ever been able to, i dont know if this is because of fw .301 or what? i have also changed my language on the tablets to usa and i now get more options for the frequencies etc...

If it works for you then don't do anything.
Perhaps you could try to get the FW files and save them to use in case that it get worse later. You should be able to copy the files from the file system as the transfer begin, not sure if it stay or get deleted after the upgrade.
2018-1-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, im gonna grab them anyway
2018-1-23
Use props
BreonB57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 968911 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi, could someone let me know if this will also work with my Phantom 4
2019-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules