3192 12 2015-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tylerj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1595030 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry if a similar question has been posted. I just orderedan Inspire to replace my Vision and my first shoot is next weekend. Here is therub, I’ll be in our local NFL stadium (open air), they want some shots down onthe stadium field but I realized that the stadium is 3-4 miles from ourairport. I took my Vison over and could only get 50 feet off the ground!

I will never leave the stadium walls but I am in full panic mode now that Ijust laid out 3k. Is it possible to disable the airport restriction temporarily?
Thanks for any advice.
2015-3-22
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

I really don't think its possible to disable that feature...
Is there a way around it? None we have heard of to date .
2015-3-22
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

The restrictions are there for a reason .Also I would be very careful using your new bird in a stadium full of people .They are not that stable and if she did a fly away what would happen and who would she hit .
2015-3-22
Use props
Chato1974.gmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3657356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unplug the GPS to the inspire. If the birds doesn't know where it is, it can't restrict itself. But you'll be in Atti mode only. Remember RTH (Return to home) ,  IOC (Intelligent Orientation) will not work etc. Now this is just an idea because I have never unplugged the GPS in mine yet. (no need to)
2015-3-22
Use props
tylerj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks all, there is no one in the stadium, just some folks on field. I've flow my Vision in plenty of busy areas...liability insurance,  got to have it in my line of work.

That's too bad, the airport thing really stinks, the chance of a 1 1/2 foot object hitting a jetliner is like trying to hit a bullet with another bullet. 1000 feet in the air. I'll personally shread my quad and eat it piece by piece the day one brings a plane down accidentally.

I guess my question is the optical sensor on the bottom that lets you fly indoors, what its its maximum altitude for the sensor?
2015-3-22
Use props
tylerj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Got, simple search answered my question. Thanks all.

http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/vision-positioning
2015-3-22
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

tylerj Posted at 2015-3-23 09:15
Got, simple search answered my question. Thanks all.

http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/vision-po ...

Good luck on that ,you should read some of the posts on this board . For what you are doing stick with your vision until u have got several flights on your new bird and feel comfortable with her .They both handle so differently . The I1 is like a Ferrari and you need time with her,to understand what you are dealing with .   
2015-3-22
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Chato1974.gmail Posted at 2015-3-23 08:28
Unplug the GPS to the inspire. If the birds doesn't know where it is, it can't restrict itself. But  ...

Brilliant !!!
Now I can fly from the base of the mountain all the way up !!!
I'll only use GPS mode for time exposures and flying back to home point while I operate the camera, (til they get ground station next year).
2015-3-22
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Bob, you may have to physically unplug/ disable it. If you do and you have signal loss, your aircraft is gone! never to be seen again, maybe? Home point won't work, map feature won't work, RTH definitely won't work. Seems like a bit of a gamble given the unstable behavior of the Inspire. But if you do it and succeed please let me know, I live in the mountains too.
2015-3-22
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-23 12:41
Bob, you may have to physically unplug/ disable it. If you do and you have signal loss, your aircraf ...

From what I have read, the I1 flies flawless in ATTI mode, and every rc bird I have ever owned is atti mode only
I don't think the I1 is as unreliable as one may think. It's just these damn firmware bugs tripping up the newbie pilots mostly.
Without GPS mode, there would prolly be no reported problems. You either know how to fly, or you Don't -
2015-3-22
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

You may be right Bob, I enjoy flying the Inspire in ATTI mode a lot. My question has to do with integration. You know how they made it so the aircraft wont fire if the firmware is not installed in all of the components? I wonder if they built in a link so that the aircraft must see the gps controller even if you choose not to use it? so far no one has reported successfully operating the quad with the GPS module dis connected, only turned off ie ATTI mode.
2015-3-22
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-23 14:33
You may be right Bob, I enjoy flying the Inspire in ATTI mode a lot. My question has to do with inte ...

better still have a gps jammer on board and fly atti ...do the experiment anyway..
i know the start up will work because you can start indoors
2015-3-22
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

yes you can, you can even fly. But what happens if we remove the GPS module? other than losing some really cool features and removing a safety feature
2015-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules